TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks great. nice shifter. need more pics. whats that black, vent looking assembly in the center?

-John
That black in the center is 2 pieces. On the original truck the top piece was removed and the radio was installed there. The radio speaker was installed behind the lower part.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is one smooth dash, I like the pics. Did you make the center console?
I made the console out of 1x12 wood and plywood. I used good polyurethane glue and screws to put it together. I covered it with vinyl and sprayed it to give me a common color. I have 2 cup holders in it and the arm rest is out of a 2000 Chevy Malibu.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have quit a few pictures but still have not figured how to post more than one from Photobucket, Still working on that. Here is the truck frame with the 4.6 engine and 4R70W transmission .

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Is that a GM steering column and a steering wheel from an 80s Oldsmobile?

Why not put a ford in a ford in a ford in a ford? :confused:

But in all seriousness, nice work, it looks like it's going to be really neat, I dig it :cool::D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that a GM steering column and a steering wheel from an 80s Oldsmobile?

Why not put a ford in a ford in a ford in a ford? :confused:

But in all seriousness, nice work, it looks like it's going to be really neat, I dig it :cool::D
That steering column is GM. It came out of a 89 S-10. That is the S-10 steering wheel. The horn button was made from aluminum to take the place of the one that had a bowtie imprinted in it. The reason I used a GM column was the wiring harness has all the connectors for a GM column without changing any thing. It was the easy way out. Most of the aftermarket colums such as Ididit and Flaming River are also set up for GM wiring. Thanks for your interest. Larry

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
That steering column is GM. It came out of a 89 S-10. That is the S-10 steering wheel. The horn button was made from aluminum to take the place of the one that had a bowtie imprinted in it. The reason I used a GM column was the wiring harness has all the connectors for a GM column without changing any thing. It was the easy way out. Most of the aftermarket colums such as Ididit and Flaming River are also set up for GM wiring. Thanks for your interest. Larry
That's interesting...I didn't know that about aftermarket columns...come to think of it I've seen this same thing in a lot of hotrods...that explains it...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do have a lot of pictures but don't seem to find time to post very often. We are doing body work on doors and fenders and will soon put the bed together. It seems to take forever when you want to finish so bad.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
48'

WOW.....that is sweeeeeeeeeet! My favorite truck is a 51' - 52 F-1.

I have never found a good 51'-52' F-1 up this way to rebuild.

What front suspension is that from?

That is one fine truck you have and the excellent work you have done shows.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
F-1

Is that the stock frame that you boxed?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts