TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace, rather than rebuild, my toasted trans. I have access to a 2000 model 4R70 trans out of a 2WD Expedition.

I would assume that this is the correct repin diagram?
http://clickclickracing.com/4rrepin.pdf

I have read that I need to use my '95 tcc lockup solenoid in a 2000 4R70 trans. Am I on the right track, and what else may I be missing? Sorry for the newb questions, but I am new to these cars.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Hey, welcome! You're not too far from me - I'm in Steinhatchee!

Yes, you are on the right track - repin, use your original tcc solenoid, and you may have to change the range selector switch on the side of the tranny. I'd try it first without changing the selector switch to see if the 2000 one works.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Rick

I am less than one hour from Perry, via 98 to 267. Look foward to having you guys look at my piece of (work in progress).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I looked at the trans again today that I am thinking about buying for $125. Based on the model number YL3P-7000-HA, I believe I have verified that it is a 4R70 that lived behind a 2000 Expedition with a 4.6L. I was told earlier that the trans was behind a 5.4, but when I asked my junkyard buddy "are you sure?", he then remembered that the truck had a 4.6, not a 5.4. Looks like I am in business. Repin, TCC solenoid, and range selector and I should be good, right?

Other marking on trans were large "40" on bellhousing. The following were on the tag on the trans: "0A", PKF-CA, and "028911". Any thoughts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would pass thats a horrible valvebody for a car, and it's not the hardened 5.4 stuff
Alan
I know it is better to upgrade my trans to a 98+ year model, but it looks like I will just rebuild the '95 trans that is in it as I am going for an extremely low buck build, and the car will not be driven hard, at least not for a few years. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
just don't put old roller clutches back in :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts