TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone play with them here?
I am trying to document the differences.
SO far I have 98-02 being the suspect vb's...years might branch out further pre or post that. So if you have any info, please let me know.

I am trying to document the differences in the passenger car vb to the truck vb. I have a pretty quality list so far I have compiled. Using the single notion that truck VB;s all seem to have solid 2-3 cutback valves, I just started calling around and having suppliers ship vb's with this key identifier. SO far I have 3 different vb;s two pre 01 and one post 01. I am still mapping in my brain how the differences in the plates matter for the pre 01. The post 01 is the easier of the bunch...I just need more people to confirm stuff....leaving that up to the public to help.

I'll be damned I can’t find anyone that separates the TRUCK vb from the whole lot or 4R vb;s….on top of that they have no clue it exists…on top of that NO ONE WILL HELP ME

Pioneering this over again I guess. Only guy I know "who might have knowledge" is Greg Evans, and he seems to have vanished.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I too am curious about this, as I have read on various f-150 boards that the jmod will not work on a truck vb and the passenger car vb must be swapped in order to have a jmodded f150/expedition

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The answer to building a TRUCK vb from a car vb might be as simple as drilling one new hole in the VB casting and installing a 3/8" checkball to regain proper control. Then fine tune with orifice size from there. From what I see so far anyway, but I really need more guys that have toyed with this to start making confirmations.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I wish I knew enough to help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts