TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a 03 4r70w to put into my 95 mustang and I have a question about the forward clutch. In Jerry's article It states that I can make a 7 plate fwd. clutch by removing the wave plate and the pressure plate and that I can make a 6 plate clutch by removing only the wave plate. My question is, can I make 6 plate clutch by removing the pressure plate and leaving in the wave plate. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Before you get into that, who is tuning your car to allow that transmission to work with the computer which is expecting an AODE? You know that if it isn't tuned that it will burn up that 4R70W, correct?
I will answer your question after you tell me how you are going to make that part work. It would be plain irresponsible for me to just tell you what to do without knowing for sure that I wasn't telling you how to trash a perfectly good transmission.
Darrin

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hey Darrin, did you get my PM?

Chris

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I sent ya a PM about a month ago...Ill shoot ya an e-mail instead.

Chris

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I havent had much of a chance to do any work on anything lately. I have NOT sent an e-mail to you though but soon....I shall.

Thanks though

Chris

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hey Darrin, whats your e-mail? I sent you another one through your member name. If you changed it that would splain some things. Hit me @ [email protected]

Chris

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Uhhhh...is anyone else seeing my posts? Namely you Darrin?

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts