TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to do/buy to make a 4R70W live over 7,000 rpm?

I need this 4R70W to live behind a 340 rwhp n/a 4V -- 7,000 rpm shift points and I hope to spray it (125 shot) in the near future. I guess I need the trans to handle at least 450 rwhp and 7,000 rpm.

I think I want to go with a manual valvebody w/ transbrake and a big converter with manual lock-up. I'm not an auto guy so I don't know who are the current go-to guys for this stuff?

My current engine makes peak torque at 5,200 rpm, what stall speed would you recommend?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
If you read january MM&FF you will find the swap is easier than you think. i don't suggest the manual valvebody/lockup. Let the pcm do it. Stall wise I would like to see a graph. With a peak of 5200 I would imagine you want as much stall as you can get.
Alan

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Ifff you want the best, talk to the man who posted before me, Alan.
Alan builds the best converter you can buy for the 4R70W, there are many many many members who will stand behind him, and he will stand behind his own work. Check out the group purchases thread and look at the prices. He builds them custom to your very need, not a cookie-cutter set up.
Darrin, who you can reach by talking to Alan builds bullet proof transmissions. They can cover all of your needs, and your HP goals are nothing they haven't already conquered.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Well, I think I have seen this post on pretty much EVERY forum now. LOL

So guys, I already talked to his buddy.

Alan, this is the same couple of guys that I talked to you about that were wanting information on how to build the transmissions. Same ones that are in the thread over on Modular Depot and Modular Misfits.

I already gave his buddy every bit of information that he needs to do what he needs.

Darrin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts