TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
It wasn't me, but I seem to remember a thread, but I can't see it either.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts
I do see the old thread you started here in the 4R70W section, and that it was deleted by one of us on the moderator team. You'll have to forgive us on that one, we are very on edge right now with any new accounts that aren't US based because the site is being aggressively targeted by spammers that we have to manually clean up after, and the vast majority have non-US based addresses. It's hard for us to differentiate between legitimate questions/members who are just starting out (especially if they are not domestic) and the spammers - so we've gotten into the habit of trimming a lot of new members and their content if it isn't obviously MN12 related. My guess is one of us on the moderator team thought it was from a spammer because of that and deleted the thread.

It's nothing against you or the type of questions you're asking - it's just an unfortunate side effect of the "reign of terror" we're being put through right now. We are all really hoping something changes for the better...

Anyway, carry on. :)

Reactions: Grog6 and FIXR7

·
Registered
'93 Range Rover Vogue 351w/4R70W conversion, '69 XR7 S-code, '16 Mustang GT, '99 V8-S Falcon ute
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks Brandon, yes i knew it was something silly like that. Btw i originally posted that i didnt have one of the vehicles this site is dedicated to but i do at least have a '69 XR7 :)

·
Registered
'93 Range Rover Vogue 351w/4R70W conversion, '69 XR7 S-code, '16 Mustang GT, '99 V8-S Falcon ute
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
One thing I’ve noticed is a bit of crap (metal swarf)came out of this Solenoid Pressure Regulator bore. This is a Transgo piece...
It also appears that the separator plate hasnt been drilled but some worm holes in the VB have been.
342B3672-C10F-4A37-B5B9-1DF1DF060889.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok, an update in the saga... I found this video;
from 6 years ago.
I've gone through it step by step and confirmed mine does indeed have all of the mods shown in this AODE-HD2 shift kit with the exception of one hole drilled in a worm hole wall on the separator plate side of the Boost Valve area. My trans was built 7 years ago so it makes sense that this version(no separator plate hole drilling) was used.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've been searching but I can't find an Exploded diagram of the valve body. Anybody got one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is pretty good though...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well it looks like i may have it solved. It seems that the 4R only engine brakes in 3 & 4 when in Drive but the manual control valve needs to be in the 1 or 2 position to engine brake in those gears. Thats the case even when manually(electronically) commanded via the Quick4 to be in 1 or 2. So it appears that shifter Ive used cant work:cry:. Remains to be seen what effect electronically shfting to any gear will have whilst the manual lever is in 1 or 2. I'll put it back together and see what happens. Keep ya posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok I can confirm that my last post is correct.
Engine braking in Drive is only in 3rd and 4th, otherwise 2 and 1 need manual selection via the manual valve. Electronically selecting 1 or 2 with the physical shifter in D results in the gear being selected but no engine braking.
I'm wondering if Electronic command of gears above 1 or 2 will even work with the manual valve in either of those positions? I will test this after I adapt a different shifter. It's a real shame as that ZF shifter is excellent.
DSC05157.JPG

21 - 29 of 29 Posts