TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first post here as I don't have a T-Bird, Cougar, or Mark VII but I do have a 1966 Bronco with a 1995 5.8L, 1998 Explorer 4R70W controlled by a 1995 W4HO EEC-IV.... The brakes are all 1979 Lincoln, does that count?

What I am trying to do is wire up an OD button. I have added a Mid-nineties truck OD button assembly to the End of the transmission column shifter but I am not confident in my solution.

My Plan:
Wire the momentary switch to apply +12V power to pin 41 (circuit 224) (toggles OD on/off)
Wire the LED lamp to Pin 32 (circuit 911) I can't tell if this is +or - and the voltage. (Indicates the OD status and error codes for transmission)

Does this sound right?

Also, can anyone confirm the Part Number for the EEC-IV terminals? I believe I have them right…. I am having a hard time finding new terminals!
E7EB-14488-GA for 18 ga. wire
E7EB-14488-NA for 14 ga. wire

Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello this is my first post here as I don't have a T-Bird, Cougar, or Mark VII but I do have a 1966 Bronco with a 1995 5.8L, 1998 Explorer 4R70W controlled by a 1995 W4HO EEC-IV.... The brakes are all 1979 Lincoln, does that count?

What I am trying to do is wire up an OD button. I have added a Mid-nineties truck OD button assembly to the End of the transmission column shifter but I am not confident in my solution.

My Plan:
Wire the momentary switch to apply +12V power to pin 41 (circuit 224) (toggles OD on/off)
Wire the LED lamp to Pin 32 (circuit 911) I can't tell if this is +or - and the voltage. (Indicates the OD status and error codes for transmission)

Does this sound right?

Also, can anyone confirm the Part Number for the EEC-IV terminals? I believe I have them right…. I am having a hard time finding new terminals!
E7EB-14488-GA for 18 ga. wire
E7EB-14488-NA for 14 ga. wire

Thanks, Tony
I found this posting today while I was looking for the same information. I see it was from a while back. I assume you have it figured out by now and I was wondering what you found out.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
97 Thunderbird 4.6, 98 Mark VIII LSC
11,170 Posts
OP hasn't logged in, in almost 5 years. So I don't think we'll be hearing back from him...

But - yes, the OD button is just a momentary switch. If you need schematics of the original circuit in an MN12 I can dig out the ol' EVTM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.