TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all my question is, what needs to be changed when putting a 99 or 00 mustang 4R70W in a t-bird? and 99+ are the good ones correct? and would be safe to j-mod the piss out of rite?

thanks
Marc

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody have a picture of where the MLPS and TCC are located on my stock transmission?
i got what i need i think, i repin the connector, and pull my TCC and MLPS and put them on the 99+ trans.

if im wrong please correct me with the information i need

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
you dont j-mod the piss out of it....you drill a few holes. you will have to verify the if it has a geared VSS or magnetic pickup or not.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
so long as he gets a 99-02 he should be fine

the MLPS is on the side of the transmission, a large cable bolts to it and it has a movable lever

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the left side or right side? the trans is a 2000 gt trans, so here is the question, how do i verify if it has the geard vss or magnetic pickup and what is the difference between the two?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
pull the VSS harness thingy out of the case...its on the driverside. If it has a plastic gear....its not magnetic....just like when you changed the VSS gear when you put in my 3.27s.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i never changed the speedo gear but i get what ur saying now....so what do i do if its a magnetic thingamabob?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok, do those correct speedo's for any gear ratio?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
yes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts