TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 4r70w out of a 3.8 mustang that I am going to rebuild. I have been searching all day, but still not sure what brand rebuild kit to use. At first I was thinking alto red eagle, but from reading I learned that is not that great.

Now I found this on ebay
You're bidding on a NEW master rebuild kit for the 1996-UP AODE / 4R70W transmissions. This kit contains all Borg-Warner clutches and "Steel plates." Make sure you get a kit with steel plates. The cheaper ones don't have them and you "will" need them. Also included is a Transtec soft parts kit with every rubber seal and gasket that you'll need to complete your rebuild. The kit comes with a new filter, pump bushing and extension housing bushing. This kit also comes with the band. The kit comes with everything that you'll need for a full rebuild.
Would this work, or do I need to get an OEM ford kit?

This will be going into a turbo 5.0 mustang.

·
Registered
118 Posts
unless your are building a 700 HP drag race only car, the borg warner clutches are fine. some, less expensive kits do not come wtih steel plates, some will come with one or two.
Read Jerry's thesis in the tech articles. also I highly recommend the rebuild manual Jerry mentions, like he says, it will be the best money you ever spent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.