TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a strange problem with my 95 bird. It is slow to shift from 2-3 and 3-4. It does it at any temp. Reverse, 1-2 is fine. I can stand on the brakes in drive and reverse and it doesnt slip. At speeds of 40-45 it has a delay going into 3.....meaning when you think it should shift, it wont till you hit around 48-50. I just bought the car so I don't know when the fluid was changed but it's bright clean with no burnt smell or debris. I don't notice a problem downshifting. The car has 73,000 on the clock with the 4.6l engine. Could this be a sensor problem?

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Triple Check Fluid level properly per the Manual - Then I'd probably would start with new MLPS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the starting point! I have a 1996 Ford F-150 that a couple of places said they were the same part. If not, I will buy a new one. I will also check to see if I have the correct dip stick.....checked fluid 4 times after a traveling around 20-30 miles in the mountains here, the same "full" level. I didn't mention that there are no codes, O/D light is working but not flashing. I did have a problem with the turn signals not working...like it had a lamp out. Took switch apart and found the grease was hard and dry. Cleaned it up now works fine. I'm inclined to think, judging by the low miles, that this car has sat for sometime. It had only 3,000 miles added since 2004 according to Carfax.
I will keep you posted!

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
If that's the case, then I'd replace the fluid and fill with Mercon V. Chances are, it may still have the original fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts