TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When going from neutral to drive it takes about 1 to two seconds before it will drop into drive and it has been doing this for several years. The car has 120,000 miles is this normal or ok for a high milage tranny? Sometimes I forget and give it gas right after I shift into drive and you can hear and feel the power slowly going to the wheels then it engages fully and somtimes chirps the tires if I did not get my foot of the gas fast enough and the engine did not have time to return to idle. Thanks to all,
Richard.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
mine grabs reverse as soon as you put it in gear, but drive is another story, it'll take at least one solid second or two before it grabs, and if i push on the gas before it engages it feels like i'm doing a neutral drop, but mine has done it since i installed it but i dunno if mileage has anything to do with it since my tranny had 20k on it when i bought it, it has approximately 40k now, well over 200k on the entire car.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I seem to recall that symptom was brought up in the tech article. I am not up to reading the article for the twenty thousandth time, but it seems like somewhere it said if you don't like that happening then skip such and such a step.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts