TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the correlation between the tft sensor voltage and trans fluid temp?

I figured this formula but its kinda big:

temp = (-7E-09x)^5 + (5E-06x)^4 + (-0012x)^3 + (0.1497x)^2 + (-9.2277x) + 370.80

where x = 0 to 255

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
good lord, thats a big equation. I haven't had math in years and it made my head hurt. lol. anyways, I wonder how accurate the TFT sensor is? Would it be accurate enough to hook a temp gauge to or would it be like hooking and air/fuel ratio gauge to a factory O2 sensor?

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mustangs with Trans Temp Guages use the TFT sensor in the tranny to display the temp, however those gauges are very in-accurate. (just like the ford bottom heavy fuel gauge).

My TCS shows the temperature but only in hexidecimal 0x00 to 0xFF , However keep failing to call Gregg to ask him the formula.. (as he probably won't be kind to release).. I have emailed him with no reply... Even offered the design..

The reason I ask is, i have build a custom LCD display to display all my tranny info on the lcd screen.. on my dash.. However, I have ran out of room to implement a lookup table for the tft temp, But may have to goto some sort of external i2c serial eeprom. (note this info is pulled from the TCS and not the harness..)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts