TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!!!

Long time no talk to a lot of you, i have a question that hasent been answered on my stang forums. My new 04' Mustang GT has a 4R75W Trans. I wanna throw a shift kit-j-mod or valve body in it. would the 4R70W specs work for the 4R75W? Hoping Jerry can spot me an answer on this, thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Might be a long wait for Jerry himself as he has retired from public life. Your 4R70W has a lot of "j-spec'ed" holes already, you'd want to get with one of the two transmission gurus on here to take care of that for you.

Also, I bet your sig doesn't last long...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why wouldn't my sig last long? i mean i know the real diff between the 70 and the 75 is the torque it can handle, but im really unsure if the 75 has the same vb specs as the 70.

Also i know when i got rid of my tbird i had well over 1000 posts....wonder why it dropped to 294....

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a link :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
i mean i know the real diff between the 70 and the 75 is the torque it can handle, but im really unsure if the 75 has the same vb specs as the 70.

Also i know when i got rid of my tbird i had well over 1000 posts....wonder why it dropped to 294....
Darrin made an interesting post about the differences awhile back, you may want to reach out to him.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah after i posted this i remembered Darrin helped me out with trans issues with my bird a long time ago, sent him a PM ,

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
i mean i know the real diff between the 70 and the 75 is the torque it can handle, but im really unsure if the 75 has the same vb specs as the 70.
This page lists changes by model year for the transmissions...

http://www.p71interceptor.com/tranny/modelnumbers/crownvic/

The biggest diff is that there are no 4r75w trannys that will work for our cars without major modification; they have different sensors. The tailshaft and tailhousing would have to be swapped.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats not my question, i have an 04 Mustang GT, with a 4R75W, the question i have is, will any valve body modifications ( Shift Kit, J-Mod, VB) for the 4R70W work with the 4R75W.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Thats not my question, i have an 04 Mustang GT, with a 4R75W, the question i have is, will any valve body modifications ( Shift Kit, J-Mod, VB) for the 4R70W work with the 4R75W.
Yes it has the same valve body as the 4r70w, but like mentioned above you will find that some of the holes are already drilled to spec. Just drill out the rest and you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Personaly I think the 08+ 4r75 valvebody is the best of all. They don't need modified to be great. Put a sonnax Pressure regulator valve in them and change the acumulator springs to get the shift feel you desire. As far as jmodding them I don't think any of the holes will benfit from any of the drill bit sizes, they are all already larger.
Alan

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok cool deal, so my best bet is to just get an sct tuner and tune it if the vb is already good to go...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts