TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the latest issue of Road and Track in the mail the other day, happened to read the preview of the 2004 Marauder:

"A new heavy-duty 4R75W 4-speed automatic transmission... The new transmission, which features Teflon seals and needle bearings, uses an 11.25-in.-high stall speed torque converter. The result is quicker shifts as well as ability to kick down into 1st gear at higher speeds."

So what's the deal with the 4R75W? Viable transplant option into the MN-12?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Josh_Keady said:
So what's the deal with the 4R75W? Viable transplant option into the MN-12?
Sounds like it could work! :)

On the other hand, I thought the Marauder was scrapped...

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just doubted they would make a transmission solely for the Marauder...

Anyone have info on this thing? What makes it different than a 4R70W?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I bet that tranny was made to put behind the 3V 5.4L in the new trucks and since they had it the Maurader got it too.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Sounds just like a SLIGHTLY modified 4R70W to me... A dennis trans or other trans built to "the man"s specs should be just as good if not stronger, unless there are other upgrades I'm not aware of. However, I wonder what the stall is on that 11.25" TC - higher than the mk8 TC? Maybe we'll have a new mod. :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
yeah , what is the stall, if the teflon pump rings and stall are the only updates than I think it would be cheaper and better to just buy a stall and rings www.performanceautomatic.com has teflon pump rings and there really not expensive. I dont know enough abou this tranny yet though I gues it also depends on what year your Mn12 is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts