TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious after SCTbird1994 brought up the idea that the exhaust manifolds from a Cobra might not work. As some of you may or may not know, I am in the middle of doing a 4v swap from a Mark VIII with a Cobra intake manifold. I bought exhaust manifolds from a friend with a 2001 Cobra a while back assuming they would work (its true what they say about assuming).

So my question is will these work in the MN12? SCTbird1994 said that the steering shaft may need to be modified, is this true? Anyone done it?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I have seen a few peeps on here do the steering shaft mod to clear headers. If it works on 2v mustang headers, maybe itll work on the 4v. :D

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I have seen a few peeps on here do the steering shaft mod to clear headers. If it works on 2v mustang headers, maybe itll work on the 4v. :D
There was a great article either here or on LvC that documented what someone had to do to get the Cobra headers to fit. Yes, the steering shaft is the issue and he cut a couple of primary tubes on the driver's side header and re-welded them to clear the shaft. It's not bad for someone with access to a lift and a mig/tig welder, otherwise you're gonna have to hire someone to do it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts