TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've got a 3.8 bird here.... I'm still searching, but as for the trans and motor mounts what do I need ? I'm reading that I'll need motor mount brackets from a 5.0 bird, but which years ? Also what about the trans, this car has a new trans, I'm guessing it wont work with a 302....

The car will be FULLY gutted, no interior, no dash, no power steering, no a/c, lightened to the max.... I'll be running EFI full standalone, so electronics are ZERO issue for me, I know what I need to do electronic wise.... I know someone who has an 8.8 limited slip aluminum diff I can take off his hands, this will be a turbocharged car, and I can do the wideband tuning here, than have it dynotuned.... My only hurdle is getting the motor INTO the car....

·
Registered
825 Posts
well 5.0's and 3.8's are the same bolt pattern i used a 3.8 trans for a summer and also the 93's have different mounts for the engine

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
you can use 91 -93 5.0 mounts, but you must use the 93 lower brackets . you need the pcm and the whole front end harness. 2 parts lh and right . bigger fuel pump out of a 92+ v8 car. when the trans was built was it ugraded/updated with v8 and s/c parts ? if no dont expect it to last very long . yes he patterns are the same though and you will need accesory barckets off a mn12 as well . or a 94-95 stang with a 5.0

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont need any harness.... I'm running the stock TFI dist out of the 302 just using the PIP sensor.... Microtech standalone with dedicated harness. Jacobs digital ignition and coil, I'm installing a 10 gallon cell, I have an aeromotive external pump and filter, I'm going to braided line it to the front and back.... I'm undecided on injectors.... I have 4 42lb injectors from an old project, I may go get 4 more 42 lb injectors (with the standalone I can run almost any size I want as long as their low impedance....)

Is anything on this trans electronic ? Doubt it but wanna check.... I'm just worried about mount, maniold/header clearance and trans. I'd like to get it "running" and upgrade the trans later.... I doubt it'll stay auto.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
no an aod is pure mechanical , but make sure you hook up that tv cable ands make sure its adjusted right or your going to updgradign that trans sooner than you think .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so it IS an AOD afterall, I wasnt sure, I havent been under the car in a while, and I'm not too familiar with automatics.... Isnt the AOD what they put in the old 5.0 mustangs? (8?-93 Fox) and 94-95 5.0's ??

Is there any differences ? Can these be built strong or should I just C4 it ?

I know someone that has a glide cheap, but I believe they're only 2 speed, and I dont know what I'd need to use it.... And as far as I know the 351w shares bellhousings with the 302 also, I have access to almost anything I want.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
yes that what they put in a fox, yes there is , i would still prefer an aod over a c4, also you can put the 4r70w gear set in in and have a faster car. also 94-95 stang had an aode or early 4r70w , stay away from a powerglide this isnt a chevy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts