TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've read about that engine, It was a long time ago so i don't fully remember but isn't Roush trying to get that engine into production so he can use it in NASCAR, and i believe Ford is selling or will be through FRPP for hot rodders, i think they debuted it in an old 60's pickup to kinda get a hot rod theme to it. Kinda like they are tryin to catch up with GM in the crate motor option wars

tony

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I cant tell you how badly I want that engine in my focus.....Would it fit a MN12? Or is it that much bigger than a DOHC 4.6?

EArl

·
Registered
391 Posts
That is one sexy engine. Almost as beautiful as a hot Italian supermodel laying across the hood of a Ferrari Enzo in nothing but her birthday suit.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
ton6y said:
I've read about that engine, It was a long time ago so i don't fully remember but isn't Roush trying to get that engine into production so he can use it in NASCAR, and i believe Ford is selling or will be through FRPP for hot rodders, i think they debuted it in an old 60's pickup to kinda get a hot rod theme to it. Kinda like they are tryin to catch up with GM in the crate motor option wars

tony
I doubt youll see modulars in NASCAR for a long long time. They're still using 1960s technology (carbs) because NASCAR won't even let them use a modern EFI setup. If they won't even go that far, then you're just as likely to see the SOHC 427 engine in NASCAR as you are a 281 SOHC engine. Even so, they couldnt use it because i believe there is a minimum CID of 350 and a maximum CID of 360. It would have to be an overbored (and possibly stroked) 5.4L.

Tom

·
Registered
288 Posts
IMHO, NASCAR should remove the S because there ain't nothing stock about em. If they had to use a real Stock car, just imagine all the nice RWD vehicles you would have to choose from.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
From what I understand, the 5.0 Cammer is being built off a special version of the 4.6 DOHC, with the same external dimensions. So go ahead and place your order, be the first one on your street with that bad boy in your MN-12 !! ;)

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
WORD! Nascar sucks now, IMO, becuase

1. The only thing they share with their production counterparts is the name
2. The cars look nothing like the production version...screw weight savings & all that crap, I want something relative to go around that track! The last time anything looked remotely close was the early to mid 80s.
3. IMO, nascar is boring...and, while it's a good ting from a safety standpoint, there arent nearly as many crashes as there used to be! Somebody used to spin out every other lap in the 60s....I dont want to see that happeneing, but jeez, something exciting would be nice
4. The cars look like crap...wait I already said that.

Yeah, I'm not a nascar fan...I like pretty much every other flavor of racing though!

Earl

P.S. Hey mike, that T56 will fit in the SC? How is that thing coming along? It's finally back together okay I take it?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
MarksM said:
IMHO, NASCAR should remove the S because there ain't nothing stock about em. If they had to use a real Stock car, just imagine all the nice RWD vehicles you would have to choose from.
Funny story:

Back in 95 when we had first bought the silver Tbird, dad was in a nascar shop, and ppl were all talking about the monte carlo vs. the thunderbird. So the guy behind the counter asks dad what he thought of them being stock cars. he told them: "I went to the chevy dealer, ordered a Monte Carlo with a V8 and rear wheel drive. Then I went to the Ford dealer, and ordered a Thunderbird, with V8 and rear wheel drive. The Thunderbird is sitting just outside over there... I'm still waiting for the Monte Carlo to come in..." It was funny how the Chevy guys got all quiet all of a sudden. LOL.

The NASCAR chassis are fairly stock based... if you drive a 1967 Galaxie - that's what they're really based on. Theyve added a few extra support tubes for strength and changed the shocks a bit, but the basic chassis design goes back that far.
There isn't a single nut or bolt on a NASCAR car that is stock production material anymore.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
ROFL.....that's good stuff about the monte. Yeah, the bird was in a class of it's own for sure. The monte carlo sucks regardless....I've never liked them....matter of fact when I was 2 years old I was run over by a car....late 70s white monte carlo. That's not the main basis for me not liking them though....I dont like them becuase they suck.

Earl

·
Registered
460 Posts
3.8L V6 sucks...just kidding 3.8 guys!lol
No Chillipeppr your right the 3.8's suck. :D

My question is the engine just a stoked 4.6 or are they using the same bore and stroke as the old 5.0? If there useing the old 5.0 think of the HP it would put out when stoked to a 347. :zdevil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts