TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He friends. My bird is nearing completion and I'm looking for some exhaust help. What I want to do is have a setup similar to _95badbird's. His comes off the longtubes into about a foot of pipe then into mufflers and a dump just after the front seats. I am wondering if an H pipe or X pipe is necessary? I have read around and the SBF guys like em alot. Do I need one for my setup? Also What size tubing do you recommend for a 302 with stock headers. I want to have a little room for some power adders. Help greatly appreciated.

Zero

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I have no particular reason that I don't run an x or h......I just don't see the need for it(on my setup that is)..

I actually have a semi-new setup....this is not it, I need to take a pic of it.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright then I wont use one and now what would you recommend for size?

Zero

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
if you are wanting to run something similar to mine, then I would run either 2 1/4" or 2 1/2".
The 2 1/4" will give you a bit of low end back, where the 2 1/2 might take away some low end power(where I think these cars need the most anway), but will give you a bit more top end.

If you are planning a power adder, then do the 2 1/2".

I went from mustang tube style manifolds, 2", into those same mufflers, dumped.....to.....1 5/8" Longtubes, 2 1/2", into those muffs dumped.....and it seemed to have picked up some more power, but its hard to say though, I did a few things at the same time.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright badbird I think I will go with 2 1/2 because I want to go supercharged sometime soon.

Zero

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
i hear the ultimate is a 3'' single pipe is better than dual exhaust
I do believe he is only running it a short distance(like exiting the exhaust before the gas tank), so, a single 3 would be kinda hard.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct. This exhaust wont see anything further then the back of the front seats.

Zero

1 - 8 of 8 Posts