TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has a 92 SC with messed up wiring he will sell me for cheap. There was a fire under the hood in the back and a lot of the wiring and engine stuff is messed up. My uncle also has a HOT A** 302 from an old mustang. I don't feel like dealing with fixing the SC stuff but swapping in the non EFI 302 from my uncle to the 5 speed that's in it already, would that be possible without much trouble?

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
yes anything is "do-able" Heck they even have the right motor mounts.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
the [email protected] tranny should handle the HP and torque, I think it is rated at like 550 HP, and around 500 foot pounds of torque.

You might want to think about trying to put in the T-5 tranny from a stang, and just do a shifter relocation.

·
8,239 Posts
last time I was out that way XR7Dave over on sccoa had a 302/m5r2 project going on with one of his sc's might want to post something over there.

JH

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ford underrates a lot of their components - so more than others. The M5R2 can handle much higher than it's rated power, with the right drivetrain components, and driver.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Damn, that's an old pic, dig the birdcats.com logo....

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
LOL! That's a good photochop! You made my day Mark, thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mark M. TCCoA VP said:
Ted Lyons pushes what 700HP through an M5R2.
Ted may have 700hp, but how often does he Drag Race the car? Yeah, OK, there was that One time at the SC nats!!!!

68COUGAR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts