TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can order a flexplate for my '94 Mustang GT to fit a torque converter with an 11" diameter (stock is 11.5") out of a later model Mustang?

Basically, I need a flexplate for a 5.0, 50 gram counterbalance, with an 11" diameter pattern for the torque converter instead of an 11.5" or 12" diameter.

I know this is not a Mustang board, but I've found more answers on here than anywhere else. Anyone that steers me in the right direction and helps me get the part(s) ordered will get a small reward to make it worth your time.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Welcome!. Youll have to get that custom made nobody sells one ready to go for the application. You'll have to use the markVIII converter like I said and then have it counterbalanced. You may also have to open the holes in the flexplate for the crank bolts a little bit ,but the rest of the pattern is all the same.
Alan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha!!! I've been chasing this all over the Internet and to the best of my abilities, I've proven that you're right.

I'm still trying to decide whether to go through the trouble of having this flexplate custom made or just sell this converter and get another one. Know anyone that needs this converter??? Do you know anyone that can make me this flexplate or adapt one for me for a reasonable amount $$$?

The deciding factor is that I want my car going soon and not have to shell out too much more money -- and still have a 2500+ stall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts