TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what is the best thing to do on a 5.0 with no mods with 100,000 miles and still completly stock.

I really just want a new motor what kind would you guys prefer with forged internals but I need it for daily driving.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Your motor is just broken in. Don't replace it. The original engine in my 91 had 235K miles when I pulled it, and it was still running perfectly. Also your motor already had forged internals. How much money do you want to spend? That makes a big difference in what you can do to the car.

Mike

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My motor has forged internals I thought the 5.0 HO was cast and hypereutectic, I do want it to be a daily driver though and I was thinking of a stroker and dropping about 3000-5000 with heads so I am still shopping but I am fixing to do alot of travel with my car so I want it in tip top shape. I do also have chatter that you can hear for a second when you first crank up everytime you crank it, I figure it was the fly wheel or starter. you can only hear it when the door is open

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
The 5.0s were forged up through 92. In 93 they went to the hypereutectic pistons. For $3K, I would suggest heads/cam/intake, gears, and a higher stall converter. Leave your bottom end alone if there is nothing wrong with it. Maybe just throw some new bearings in the bottom end if you are going to take the motor out to do the top end, but other than that leave the bottom end alone. It still has plenty of life left in it.

Mike

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so does that mean the crank and rods are forged too or is just the pistons

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
I think just the pistons, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
what is the best thing to do on a 5.0 with no mods with 100,000 miles and still completly stock.

I really just want a new motor what kind would you guys prefer with forged internals but I need it for daily driving.
DO YOU STILL WANT TO BUY MY PARTS?
WOULD YOU AT LEAST HAVE THE COMMON DECENCY TO ANSWER THE PMs I SENT YOU AND TELL ME THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN THEM AND ALLOW ME TO PRESENT SOMEONE ELSE WITH THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME?

THANK YOU

Sorry for the hijack. I have the entire top end of an '01 Mustang GT for sale for $600 from airbox to exhaust manifolds. This guy has talked the talk but when it came time he changed his mind, which is fine, JUST TELL ME!! AAAAAARGHHH!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts