TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, questions about the trans swap-for those of you that did it-what did you do about the sensors on the trans-the speedometer, neutral safety switch and reverse lights, as well as the sensor that keeps the car from cranking unless the clutch is depressed-

Next, what needs to be done to hook up the 5.0 electronically-i have an entire car for the swap, but i was curious as to what splicing has to be done to interface the 5.0s engine harness into the sc chassis-

By the way-the car is a 94 sc

·
Registered
95 Posts
The wiring for the reverse and neutral safety are already there for the auto trans, you'll be able to splice them and run it into the plug from the manual trans. From what I understand by doing this the car wont start in gear but it will without the clutch pushed in. You'd have to run some wiring to get the clutch switch on it I'm pretty sure.

The engine harness will probably be more difficult... I'm not sure if the main plugs for the harness will match up or if you'll have to run an entire new harness... I would get the wiring diagrams for both your car and whatever year 5.0 you have and look really closely at how the 2 harnesses differ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts