TCCoA Forums banner
121 - 140 of 169 Posts
Obviously the passenger side mounts will have to be raised about the same. The part number I used is Mac TFA793. They are a 1 5/8" ceramic coated header with a 2.5" primary. The Mac TFA9358 are the same part but not ceramic coated.

I thought it was the part # for the mounts

Discussion starter · #124 ·
Obviously the passenger side mounts will have to be raised about the same. The part number I used is Mac TFA793. They are a 1 5/8" ceramic coated header with a 2.5" primary. The Mac TFA9358 are the same part but not ceramic coated.

I thought it was the part # for the mounts
Oh, sorry about that. The mounts we have are pretty much the mounts we have. No special part numbers there since you practically can't find them any more anyway.

Bringing this back up.

I just purchased a set of MAC tfa9358 from Blown306 and will be installing them soon.

What I'm going to try to do about the steering shaft is shim down the column.

I figure I should be able to drop the steering shaft by 1/2 inch without a noticeable difference on the inside.

Pic's and the list of swear word's coming soon!!

so is there some trick to getting the driver side in?i raised the enging 1/2 inches and still cannot get the #7 tube to clear the engine cradle enough to get the #5 flange to line up with the exhaust port bolthole?
mike

So what was the verdict here? I see the dude was trapping 100mph in the 1/4 at ~13.1's.... Did the trap speed go up any? I don't see that these headers would have added anymore than 5rwhp over those other shorty headers.

Bringing this back up.

I just purchased a set of MAC tfa9358 from Blown306 and will be installing them soon.

What I'm going to try to do about the steering shaft is shim down the column.

I figure I should be able to drop the steering shaft by 1/2 inch without a noticeable difference on the inside.

Pic's and the list of swear word's coming soon!!
Did you do this mod, dropping the steering column?

Damn, do all Ford AOD's leak? Because everytime I see one, they have crap all over them....

I'm buying some longtube headers from summit made for a 5.0L fox body stang do you think these will work on a 91 cougar and what mods or clearance issues will I run into?

Those won't work,pass side won't clear the k member and driver side won't clear steer colemn.
I had to use mac longtubes, and mixmatch them,automatic header on one side and manual trans header or other.I wud have to look at my car again to know for sure.if u are not running some wild forced induction or nitrous its kinda a waste
Mike

I also found a set of MAC shorty equal length headers those shouldn't be an issue to install right. I'm not running any forced induction or nitrous yet but I want to free up some extra HP and performance and want to know what headers will do the trick. I'm in the midst of fabbing up a twin turbo setup that's why I was asking about the longtube. Better to get it done now and get all the cussing out of the way lol. Turbos will be rear mounted as well FYI so no mods will be needed for headers

only type of shorty header that will work without alot of mods is the mn12 specific headers.equal length shorty headers more than likely will not

121 - 140 of 169 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.