1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Short, sweet and strait to the poing. Gotta love it! :thumbsup: [/thread]

·
Registered
49 Posts
how much cutomization are we talking about, cause a eaton supercharger off the Scs i can get for dirt cheap just wondering how much work id have to do to actually get it to work.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd sell it on e-bay.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
TroyN said:
how much cutomization are we talking about, cause a eaton supercharger off the Scs i can get for dirt cheap just wondering how much work id have to do to actually get it to work.
Well, you would need a custom intake, a way to mount the SC so that the pulley could be driven and then a way to get all of the plumbing to the SC and then to the intake while incorporating the throttle body and MAF. You would then need a way to tune the car as well as larger fuel injectors, fuel pump and hood since it won't fit under a stock hood.

Let us know how it turns out. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
FordofSin said:
Check out 3rd place:
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0410mm_luxo/

He did exactly what you set out to do and didn't do to badly. If you're a novice like me, turn back now. Otherwise, good luck. :D
Keep in mind that he did it on a 1984 LTD and that he has a completely different engine compartment. Also note that he has some very custom plumbing for it.

In fact, it's all very custom all of the way around.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That guys posts over on Stangnet and I've actually had a conversation with him about his set up. He told me that in reality, the car is stripped right down to nothing and he's still working a lot of bugs out of the system. It's not really streetable right now and he mentioned that it had a really bad vibration he was trying to track down.

He did mention that it went like hell though. :tongue:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts