TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I looked for a good while and I could not find what I was looking for. I have a 92 5.0, I would like to run a turbo, I seen one post about how 94-95 mustang ecu is a pretty simple swap, anyone know about or have done this? Should I just get a standalone like the universal 302 holley terminator x? I want to start my build but I would like a easily tunable computer before I start. If you have link to previous thread that would be great to. Thank you all in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
Before you swap ECUs, why not just pick up a Quarterhorse and Lasota's books on Ford ECU tuning? Can get both, AND a base tune, in a bundle:

Moates QuarterHorse/Binary Editor – lasotaracing.com

Even swapping to the Mustang ECU, you STILL need something like the QH to tune it ... OBDII tuning wasn't available on the SBF ECUs until 1996 with the Explorer, and that's a different kettle of fish to open up.

EDIT: You could also check out decipha's web site, EFIDynoTuning and the tunes he offers. He's into TunerRT instead of Binary Editor; both do the job, but they're different user interfaces and expose things differently. Can read up the forums there. It's where I'm going for my tuning, I think. (Am biased - he's a Louisiana boy.)

RwP

Reactions: dDUBb
1 - 2 of 2 Posts