TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting the process. It will be months until I'm ready, but I figured I would start shopping around for parts. My first concern is the hot side. I'm not interested in building my own headers, I'm thinking about using something for a Mustang. Check this out: http://www.youngsperformance.com/gallery/slideshow.php?set_albumName=tseriesheaders

5.0 guys... will it work? Do we have enough room in front of the engine?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm not a lot of help, but I was at a buddies garage yesterday and he has that type of set up on his late 80's stang. He makes about 900 RWHP (8.30 in the 1/4). It is a tight fit in the stang, but it runs like stink!! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a lot of help, but I was at a buddies garage yesterday and he has that type of set up on his late 80's stang. He makes about 900 RWHP (8.30 in the 1/4). It is a tight fit in the stang, but it runs like stink!! Good luck.
Yeah, it looks pretty serious... looks like I'll be doing an engine build up if I want to use the full potential of that:cool:!

I'm wondering... how much will the stock engine block and pistons take?

Oh and does a 'stang have more room in front of the engine?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
They aren't going to fit your 5.0.

T-bird has less space between the shock towers. Hotside parts for a 94/95 mustang w/5.0 will come closest to fitting.

David

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Hotside parts for a 94/95 mustang w/5.0 will come closest to fitting."

Isn't that what that is?

I guess I might be stuck doing a custom fab... or do you know of someone who makes headers that might fit?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
"Hotside parts for a 94/95 mustang w/5.0 will come closest to fitting."

Isn't that what that is?

I guess I might be stuck doing a custom fab... or do you know of someone who makes headers that might fit?
A company called B&G Custom Turbo (guy's name is Brian) could probably make you a set that would fit...he makes a lot of stuff for Mustangs but actually owns an SC and is familiar with what is differnt. If you brought your car to him, he could build the entire kit.

http://www.bgturbokits.com/

David

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A company called B&G Custom Turbo (guy's name is Brian) could probably make you a set that would fit...he makes a lot of stuff for Mustangs but actually owns an SC and is familiar with what is differnt. If you brought your car to him, he could build the entire kit.

http://www.bgturbokits.com/

David
I should get him to do twins for me... I like symmetry:tongue:! I"m going to email him for prices;)!

It looks nice... not quite as nice as those Mustang headers I linked tho:(!

Maybe I should just do a Mustang?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I should get him to do twins for me... I like symmetry:tongue:! I"m going to email him for prices;)!

It looks nice... not quite as nice as those Mustang headers I linked tho:(!

Maybe I should just do a Mustang?

Turbocharged mustangs are getting to be very common...a turbocharged MN12 is much cooler.

David

·
Registered
214 Posts
turbo 5.0 poll

if a company was to produce a turbo 5.0 kit for the mn12 thunderbird who all on here would be intrested ( which means a buying customer) not a tire kicker

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if a company was to produce a turbo 5.0 kit for the mn12 thunderbird who all on here would be intrested ( which means a buying customer) not a tire kicker
Depends on the quality of the kit... I don't want something that looks cobbled together... I want form and function.

·
Registered
214 Posts
rather not say he dosent want a **** load of people calling him with goofy ass questions, we were just kicking around the idea

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rather not say he dosent want a **** load of people calling him with goofy ass questions, we were just kicking around the idea
Define "goofy ass questions":)

If I'm spending a whole lot of money... then I kinda want an idea of what I might be getting.

Any pictures of his work?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
B&G is a very Reputable shop, plus their customer service is one of the best... I think that price is cheap, their quality is superv..
He can also do custom jobs, but will cost more for once and he needs a donor car to work on it.. I HIGHLY recommend Brian....

Israel

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If he already makes the best turbo kit on the market, then he should be used to answering questions.

If you haven't already figured this out....there is no market for turbo kits that fit an MN12 w/5.0. There just are not enough people willing to spend the money, to justify designing/building a kit.

David

1 - 20 of 23 Posts