TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wich is better 5.0,or 4.6,my friend who hasen't even drivin a 5.0 says they are better,what is yall opinion:)......thanks

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Define "better". Because what one person considers better, may be considered a negative by someone else. :thumbsup:

IMHO, the 4.6L is a better engine for the following reason:

The whole engine is engineered a lot stronger than a 5.0L
OHC is better than OHV (Pushrods!! ICK!.... :zpuke:)

They seem to last forever

But are more expensive to modify :bawling:

But it still boils down to one's definition of "better". :D

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Power?

Hello

With enough money you can make power from just about anything.

My Thunderbird street toy will have 306 & 3+1 trany.(85 coupe)
Edelbrock induction. maybe Weiand roots blower in the future.

I run the 351W & AOD in my 90 Factory stock oval track car.
(302HO as a back-up.)

This is mostly due that i have 3 of each & rules don't allow FI
I must even use a mechanical fuel pump.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I think it just preference. I have a 5.0L. So I am sticking with it. I know alot more about pushrod engines than I do about Modular motors. If I have a car or truck with a mod. motor in it, then I would probably be more preferential to them. May have a mod. motor car in the future real soon.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I think it just preference. I have a 5.0L. So I am sticking with it. I know alot more about pushrod engines than I do about Modular motors. If I have a car or truck with a mod. motor in it, then I would probably be more preferential to them. May have a mod. motor car in the future real soon.
I've got them all....pushrod V6, pushrod V8(351W), pushrod V8(460), modular V8(4.6)....and like them all.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I've got them all....pushrod V6, pushrod V8(351W), pushrod V8(460), modular V8(4.6)....and like them all.

wel arent you special ahaha jk i wish i did

i think its prefrance as well. if you define better as far as mods, or power, or torque or something you may get a better answer

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Modular is better.Everyone knows that.:zwall:

·
Registered
367 Posts
i had alot of 5.0 tbirds they have more lowend, but i'm really liking my 4.6 alot snappier up top. personally i like 4.6 little better, gas mileage is better. 5.0's had some problems, mainly head gaskets, and water pumps. i'm not bashing on them though like i said i owned some there both good motors. just put it this way ford all the way baby! :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
amen to fords :thumbsup: i have spent my life around carbs. i like being able to walk behind a car, or stick my head up by the stack of my tractor, then go back to the carb and adjust my fuel ratio with a $1.50 flatheat screwdriver. not some $450 thing i need to hook up to my friends $900 laptop. thats a pain. so i guess i cast my vote for 5.0. unless i can get ahold of one of those 4.6 carb manifolds from edelbrok. that would be [email protected]@$$

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what......no he an i are 17 years old and we fus over wich are better 4.6 or 5.0,i say 4.6 cause i drive one....he hasn't,,his name is James,his is all about mustangs,he also says a 03 v6 mustang could beat my car at any speed,i said if i had a tune,mine would smoke it,after all "it better to fly with birds than run with horses":D

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
what......no he an i are 17 years old and we fus over wich are better 4.6 or 5.0,i say 4.6 cause i drive one....he hasn't,,his name is James,his is all about mustangs,he also says a 03 v6 mustang could beat my car at any speed,i said if i had a tune,mine would smoke it,after all "it better to fly with birds than run with horses":D
I see.Chances are they way your car sits right now the 03 V6 stang would beat up on your car.

When he gets all rowdy and talking about how much better Mustangs are than Tbirds and how they are faster just say,"Man,It's a Tbird for crying out loud.It is not meant to be fast."

At least thats what I say before I line up with anybody.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts