TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
91 Super Coupe
1,339 Posts
Danny,

You can buy the Fast XFI standalone at numerous places. I got mine from the Race Shop who did the installation of the standalone system. Which is the same place who has redone most of the turbo system, tunes the car and built the stainless exhaust systems for both of my SCs. Here's is a link to the shop. The owner's name is Dan Saitz.

http://www.hyperformanceracing.com/

David

The other popular standalone engine managment system (GM based) is called "Big Stuff 3" and Dan call also supply it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks alot dave i really apreciate it. i think im ordering my long block next week so i start with something blueprinted either that or im gonna go part by part....im a licensed pa tech for emissions and inspections nd have built all myn other blocks but was thinkin of getting a shop to do thisone since im gonna shoot alot of boost through it...idk yet but thanks for taking the time to help me out!!!

·
Registered
91 Super Coupe
1,339 Posts
thanks alot dave i really apreciate it. i think im ordering my long block next week so i start with something blueprinted either that or im gonna go part by part....im a licensed pa tech for emissions and inspections nd have built all myn other blocks but was thinkin of getting a shop to do thisone since im gonna shoot alot of boost through it...idk yet but thanks for taking the time to help me out!!!
Danny,

If you want a super strong foundation that is professionally assembled, Dart Machinery is now offering short blocks based on numerous blocks they offer.

http://www.dartheads.com/products/short-block-assemblies/the-dart-short-block-builder.html

For a 302 based motor you would use the 8.2" deck Iron Eagle or Sportsman block (I got the stronger Iron Eagle version which is overkill). I imagine you can have it built in numerous configurations like 302, 331, 347 and 363 CID. Suggest dished pistons and not going any higher than 9.00:1 static compression. Then you just need to select the cam, heads, valvetrain, intake, timing set ect... The most important portion of the engine build happens when building the short block. Most of the other stuff, is just bolted together.

David

·
Registered
37 Posts
Danny,

If you want a super strong foundation that is professionally assembled, Dart Machinery is now offering short blocks based on numerous blocks they offer.

http://www.dartheads.com/products/short-block-assemblies/the-dart-short-block-builder.html

For a 302 based motor you would use the 8.2" deck Iron Eagle or Sportsman block (I got the stronger Iron Eagle version which is overkill). I imagine you can have it built in numerous configurations like 302, 331, 347 and 363 CID. Suggest dished pistons and not going any higher than 9.00:1 static compression. Then you just need to select the cam, heads, valvetrain, intake, timing set ect... The most important portion of the engine build happens when building the short block. Most of the other stuff, is just bolted together.

David
i didnt even think of dart...hahaha ill check it out now thanks bro

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm looking to turbo charge my 5.0L HO with a single turbo. Engine is fairly stock with a few mods such as headers, plugs&wires, port&polished intake. I'm wondering what turbo would be best to use that will spool up quickly and not ruin my engine as this will be my daily driver. Will the stock 5.0L HO handle the power increase and boost? What is the best way to go about this and things I will need? Thanks and all input will be greatly appreciated!
Go with a 408W.

Problem Solved.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
i thought the 87 and up 5.0 HO's all had 9.0:1 comp ratios
Correct. Actually, in '86, the 5.0 HO motor had 9.2:1 compression with the new '86 heads but was lowered to 9.0:1 in '87 when they switched to the E7 heads. An '85 HO motor would be good for forced induction, they have a compression ratio of only 8.4:1.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
As far as the OD goes, you will not really need it if you go with a 400 or a glide. Since you will no doubt step down to a 3.27 gear to make the engine work to build boost. Typically, you will see the turbo cars with lower (numerically) gears for that reason.

SWS

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.