TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a stock MAF from a 5.0L bird or cat. This is for a friends 88 GT MAF conversion. I'm sure that the 5.0l's have 19lb injectors, but do the 3.8l N/A birds have 19's also? And...are the electronics the same on all the models? I was thinking yes, and the ECU controls the ratio not the MAF meter. Let me know guys, my friend needs to get this car running.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
transfer functions for a 19lb v8 are different than a 19lb v6. Think about it, the other maf has to calibrate and meter air flow for two more cylinders.
-Thomas

·
Registered
773 Posts
It depends on what the part number on the sensor is I am running a v6 tbird 55mm mass air flow on my ranchero right and have been now for a year and a half now ill check the part number and let you know i think its F1Z- as long as the 3 didgt is a z you will be ok! the first v6 used mustang 5.0 55m mass air meters the later the later 70mm wont work different transfer functions.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Should work, yes. I don't know if it makes a difference wether it's HO or not, wouldn't think so.
-Thomas

·
Registered
773 Posts
mass air 5.0 birds are H.Os and as i said as long as it has a Z and not a S as the third didgt in the part number you will be fine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts