TCCoA Forums banner
181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree, 4.6's are cheaper and plentiful, kind of like Mustangs and Camero's. I chose the 5.4 to be different because I like different. however I am putting a 4.6 DOHC from a 03 Marauder into a 1983 Fairmont Futura as a daily driver when I can't drive the 54. I wasn't sold on the mod motors until I built one, now that's all I will build

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am considering an Aussie lower to mount a 6-71 blower for my Falconstein Modster gasser, a 1960 Ranchero that I welded a wagon roof on to make a two door wagon, 5.4 DOHC (Navi) with a straight front axle, white wall slicks. That will be built for speed!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
SOunds like this guy ^^^^ knows how to party! Would love to check that out!

Reactions: mercenvy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Steering parts ordered progress coming soon!!!!!!!!! And big thanks to 392Bird for having his Bird build page up, its been tons of help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Well it was in and running, spun a bearing and is now at the machine shop being rebuilt with cams to spin to 8k. I'll try to post more later on.

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts
Pix or it didn't happen, lol.
This reminds me of the V-10 swap guy.

Reactions: Rodeo Joe

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Most of the build just went to facebook, that account got hacked and had to start over but I will post some pictures in the coming months of what it was. Cams and springs are already hear along with kooks headers (there is a plan to cut and relocate the passenger collector) and bumping compression to 10.5:1 should be a fun ride. Oh and 4.10 or 4.30 gears if I can find them with a 3600 stall.

·
Registered
1995 Mercury cougar xr7
32 Posts
Well it was in and running, spun a bearing and is now at the machine shop being rebuilt with cams to spin to 8k. I'll try to post more later on.
Even with billet rods and crank spinning a 5.4 that high is a stretch.... the stroke is too long. Piston speed will be absolutely crazy and the bottom end will probably come apart in short order.
There is a reason the high rpm builds are either destroked or 4.6l based. A built 4.6l has no problems running to 8k, a 5.4 is another story.

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
Most of the build just went to facebook, that account got hacked and had to start over but I will post some pictures in the coming months of what it was. Cams and springs are already hear along with kooks headers (there is a plan to cut and relocate the passenger collector) and bumping compression to 10.5:1 should be a fun ride. Oh and 4.10 or 4.30 gears if I can find them with a 3600 stall.
I think I have a set of FRPP 4.30s. Interested?

Let me know soon, I already have PMs asking for a price on these 😆

·
The Parts Guy
7,727 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
905 Posts
If someone is selling a vehicle with a 5.4 and they say timing chain needs replaced, does that most likely mean the rest of the motor is roasted? I.E. the piston to valve clearance is negative😬

181 - 196 of 196 Posts