TCCoA Forums banner
141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wish I could take credit for doing the work but its been Noah Smith @ Precision Mustang Performance Forney, TX, I cant say enough good things about how awesome he is and open to creating something cool and different.

I've done the research on what "should" work and we'll see what has to be done when it get here (headers for example). Yes the steering shaft mod will be done as well as the power steering line.

Brake booster from a 90 3.8 N/A (so its not dented) and the drivers side motor mount had to be slotted to get centered, drivers side motor mount notched for the Sanderson headers.

I've got the last Sullivan intake with water crossover, gonna pull rear passenger freeze plug to even out the cooling on that side also. I gotta say this wouldn't be possible without all the knowledge absorbed from this site. Ya'll may be smart-asses but your really smart.

Tuning will be done by Manny at HPP in Lewisville.

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts
Heck Grog, buy them both and I'll take one off your hands on "payments"!

You do 'owner-finance', don't you? :tongue:
Sure; as long as you sign this piece of paper that says you don't know what "Usury" means. :)

Here's a link to my finance department:

:rofl:

·
Administrator
13,808 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Steering shaft wouldn't have been a problem, problem is passenger side hits k member. Apparently I f$%$ed up when doing mockup somehow and passenger side don't fit, got a line on 03-04 cobra logs that "should" work fingers crossed should know later today.

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts
Passenger side is where people have classically had a problem; and where Miller cut his frame out...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Yup Sandersons hit the K member on passenger side, also the welding looked like a beginner did it the openings were garbage and nowhere close to being even.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I'm very excited to see some progress on this. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
17 Posts
just wanted to add my two cents, I have a 54 Ford Customline coupe (3800lb) with a Navi 5.4 DOHC, with Sullivan no water cross over. I don't quite understand how people say you lose all the low end and have to run at 7000rpm. I used a 1996 T-Bird ECU with coil packs (Tweecer chip) 90mm maf, twin 62mm tb. JBA 3/4 length cobra headers. 3:55 locker 9 inch with Explorer disc brakes 3000 stall with lock up converter. I get 22 mpg hwy, runs a 13.6 et, in the 1/4 mile , 8.6 et in the 1/8, on wide white wall tires. I have to be very gentle on the throttle or it blows the tires of. I love this combo! excellent street manners and plenty of power I've racked up 30k mile with this setup, absolutely no issues.. I'll answer any questions tried to post a pic but it asked for url. not that savvy. I am also looking for another Sullivan with no water crossover. if anybody has a line on one, thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
just wanted to add my two cents, I have a 54 Ford Customline coupe (3800lb) with a Navi 5.4 DOHC, with Sullivan no water cross over. I don't quite understand how people say you lose all the low end and have to run at 7000rpm. I used a 1996 T-Bird ECU with coil packs (Tweecer chip) 90mm maf, twin 62mm tb. JBA 3/4 length cobra headers. 3:55 locker 9 inch with Explorer disc brakes 3000 stall with lock up converter. I get 22 mpg hwy, runs a 13.6 et, in the 1/4 mile , 8.6 et in the 1/8, on wide white wall tires. I have to be very gentle on the throttle or it blows the tires of. I love this combo! excellent street manners and plenty of power I've racked up 30k mile with this setup, absolutely no issues.. I'll answer any questions tried to post a pic but it asked for url. not that savvy. I am also looking for another Sullivan with no water crossover. if anybody has a line on one, thanks
They usually mean the mark VIII that was stuffed into FN10s from 1993-1998 which only has 281 cuin and less than stellar intake port configuration for low-end torque production. The *5.4L* 4V DOHC IS A completely different animal with the extra cubic inches.

Welcome to TCCoA. Theres lots of conversations you need to catch up with. :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I beleive I seen this car last year at the FunFordWeekend in Petersburg. It's a pretty cool setup.

141 - 160 of 196 Posts