TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
gecko2424 said:
Capt. Jake, since when is hood height a problem for you? Just kidding.
Well, I chose power over discretion, but I dont think hood height is quite as important as some people....Besides, my wife hates it, so My car is all mine, and she wont even ride in it...Due conspiciously tall hood , and loud pipes :xpwink:

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Leland Jacobson said:
Well, I chose power over discretion, but I dont think hood height is quite as important as some people....Besides, my wife hates it, so My car is all mine, and she wont even ride in it...Due conspiciously tall hood , and loud pipes :xpwink:
Ha!!!! Tell the truth!!!! :eek: :eek:

A cop pulled him over and said: "Son if you do not lower that hood I will give you a ticket and haul that POS over to yonder junk yard because that there hood is illegal!!!!"

Then he noted… "Yall are lucky I feel sorry for yall and that there ricey sounding exhaust else you would have a ticket fer shure!"
:eek:

My link is below...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yaaa, Sure....A cop calling Moi "Son", a full growed sea capt,over300#,allmost 65 yrs old....Calling me SON? Shows a pretty vivid imagination on someones part. :uppoint: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :zbench: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Ya, shure 'sonny boy'... when you grow up to be big and strong,,,, c'mon down and we can arm wrestle, ..... or race, or whatever :tongue:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Leland Jacobson said:

Ah Ha!! The solution to a happy marriage!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Gecko2424: Ah Ha yourself! You're still around ... havent heard much from you lately, wassup?

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Naw, we do not get along too much. :confused:

From what I hear Gecko has a lot of spark detonation with his motor swap. He used the same person to tune his car that I gave three (3) opportunities to try to tune my car. All three (3) times this supposed expert failed. It was such a dismal effort that he wrote an article to cover his butt and stated publicly that my motor can never put out power. I only wish that I lived close enough to him to help him out....

Too bad I am an extremely bull headed person and do not give up easily. Mod to mod vs a 4.6L I have proved that my HP is the same and I have more torque.

But what do I know? :eek:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Anyhow, Miller What's your point??"

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's no wonder nobody around here takes you seriously.

You'd think if you've proved somebody wrong, there would be more 5.4 swaps going on around here.

::crickets::

J.Miller said:
Mod to mod vs a 4.6L I have proved that my HP is the same and I have more torque.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
This crap again?

Ok, my standard response:

Show me one, just one NA 5.4 2V, in any vehicle making good power or running quick down the track. Just one.

*crickets chirping*

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It's just one of those things where he put in so much time and effort to do that 5.4 swap only to be truly dissappointed (deep down but doesn't want to admit it.) But to justify to the rest of the world and not feel like a moron he has to keep claiming "well it makes more torque than the 4.6 guys that are making 230 rwhp!" Sad indeed...

-J

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
well the 5.4 heads are a little better but the main point of a stroke is the increased torque.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The DOHC won't fit unless you do a wee bit of work on the strut towers.
Totally not true. The DOHCs fit without any mods to the shock towers.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
From what I hear Gecko has a lot of spark detonation with his motor swap. He used the same person to tune his car that I gave three (3) opportunities to try to tune my car. All three (3) times this supposed expert failed. It was such a dismal effort that he wrote an article to cover his butt and stated publicly that my motor can never put out power. I only wish that I lived close enough to him to help him out....

Too bad I am an extremely bull headed person and do not give up easily. Mod to mod vs a 4.6L I have proved that my HP is the same and I have more torque.

But what do I know?

My god son, How many years are you going to have that chip on your shoulder? Turn off the MN12 soap opera BS and Let it fuggin go!

:zsoapbox:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Ahh, detonation. Nope not for over a year. I've been busy ownin' a leaking house, lovin' a beautiful wife and workin' to keep them both. I have three vehicles with over 100,000 and a boat that breaks every year. I've been busy.

The detonation hasn't been around since I put properly gapped plugs and a stock radiator and fan back in. The griffin SC radiator worked great on the highway but the tiny fan I used couldn't run the AC. The extra heat choked the motor. Also the plugs, inserted by the guy who built the engine in 2000, we gapped at like .012 or so. Even with the engine past the M in NORM and with that crappy gap it got 223 HP and 333 TQ on a very hot summer day. This is with a stock 1995 4.6 aluminum intake. A real intake would really wake this thing up.

I agree with the haters above that the 5.4 isn't made for power, I mean there are hardly any lightnings with more than 600 HP at the wheels.

I know the 5.4 isn't as easy to add power to with bolt ons as the 4.6. The available intakes for the 5.4 were all made for "Trucks." These are vehicles that haul stuff, like "Cars." These "Trucks," as I like to refer to them, benefit more from torque than power and are therefore designed for it. When a more open, high flow intake is available, that fits under a hood, I think the discreapacy will decrease significantly.

Oddly enough, my car weighs as much as a small truck! Therefore I benefit from more torque. My engine begins to fizzle above 4,000 rpm (intake again), but it launches hard. I have traction problems on dry land. If it's raining, yeah, that's tough. Snow/ice? Why try. If I could get good traction, this thing would get respectable times. If I could add an intake to that, well then, that would be fun, wouldn't it?

Dan

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Well,I realized that I needed an intake,and I figured out a solution.
Creativity,and work will get it done.All I hear from 5.4L swapped owners are claims of dyno numbers without sheets for proof(Brian Stahl),the classic "no traction" excuse(all of them),and intake manifold needs(all of them).I cut up perfectly good intakes just to research what could be done,and then fixed my problem so that wouldn't be a problem.
JL

21 - 40 of 255 Posts