TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 80 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Sir William said:
But tell us how you really feel Scott...

oh yeah, now sir will put him on the couch!

It all started when I was Nine.........

:D MG

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
Dan,

Having a little extra Torque is no excuse for being a total A-Hole in my book and you do not come accross that way but Jane is another story.

-Scott
So who is this Jane?? :confused:
1. Gee , I hope goldbird runs in the 11's or better, but I would be afraid to drive it after all that beautiful work you put into it....
2. heard you were laid up for a while, and thought of sending you a miniature of Chivas as a get well thing, but its been so long , that I was shocked by the price and decided to forget it... Besides , I thought you might take it the wrong way :D
anyhow how are you doing now?
3. you are sounding juuust a bit touchy , so How about me instead of Miller, we could do flintlock pistols at 50 ft, or something, instead of the cage, but I gotta keep it brief as I get winded awful easy these days... Oh,I know, how about left wrists tied together and Bowie knives?? Hey i'm old so its gotta be quick.... :D
In any case, dont get too excited about it all, its just cars and such .
jake

·
Registered
789 Posts
Scott, I haven't seen any of the discussion you mentioned so I cannot comment. JMiller has helped me in the past and so have you. I remember calling you a few times for help when the Bird was on blocks with no engine.

MadGoat had a point with the couch comment. The posters here seem to fit in a few categories:
Those who get it done but stay quiet about it.
Those who can do it and won't shut up about it.
Those who read first, then try it, then give good opinion statements.
Those who put in a new air filter and boast the SOTP improvement.
Those who see it on Grand Tourisimo/Hot Rod TV/Local Shop and state it as fact.
And finally those who just want to whine because they're jealous.

Maybe someone should start a poll...

Anyway...I think Reginald Denny said it best with, "Why can't we all just get along?"

Then again, Homer once said, "...shut up brain or I'll poke you with a Q-Tip!"

Dan

·
Registered
347 Posts
I can't recall the last time a N/A 4.6 liter car just went "boom" and died.

Longevity? I know of a 4.6 car that has doubled the amount of miles (100,000 -come on) and ran deep into the 13s.

Why has this now turned into the 5.4 lasts longer than the 4.6? It doesn't.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
1. If Mike can keep it outta 2nd I think he should do well down the track. I am doing way more then just a motor swap on his ride...I sure hope she starts.

2. Back in the gym and on the bike but the hand has it's days.

3. Sorry, cage and bare hands,feet, head, elbows, and a couple foe arms to the foe head are mandatory. The cage keeps them from running away and Guns & Knifes are for killing.

My "Race built" 4.6 engine eats bolts. What more can I say.

-Scott

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Scott,
Say what you want I am a straight shooter and I tell it as it is. All would have ended years ago if your mentor apologized for breaking his word and leaving me high and dry.

Unlike you and your business peers you failed to see why DR sent that e-mail to your inner circle? He wants to eliminate all of his supposed enemies by the age old strategy to divide and conquer. I for one noticed who he was and after thinking about his intent, I took the high road and EDITED my comments about your two people falling for the trick. Then here you come charging onto the scene grabbing the flag in a full frontal brainless ego knuckle bashing assault. :eek:

Yea, I seen GB's quote three times now. Still, I do not understand why you and your circle always comment on this motor swap in a dim light? You keep saying that you want numbers but you refuse to read the numbers that were published in a major magazine. 299 HP NA, MM & FF 08/2003! PM me your address and I will mail you a copy. Postage on me! :tongue:

I remember the last time I dabbled into sports was around the time when I broke my knee and shortly after surgery while still in bandages, against the doctors wishes, I went in to the APA Eight ball state championships with my team mates. I played in the deciding game in a lot of pain on one foot and won the trophy that gave us the title of "State Champions" and a free trip to Vegas. I have accomplishments too!!!! ;)

Look around. All the trouble makers are showing up for a fight... Why can't we get along?

I bet DR is reading this thread and laughing his head off right now! :( :( :(

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
I have the mag and could care less about the numbers they write. You are being a Bullheaded fool and I for one will not stand idle while you bash me in a public fourm about the build I am working on when I have dedicated so much towards it. I really don't care that much about the pro's and con's of the 5.4 build. I'm a fan of a bore job rather then increased fricton party anyway if I had my choice.

I'm glad you went to Vagas to play ball but you're still a tool.

-Scott

·
Registered
789 Posts
Reginald Denny Y'ALL!!! Man, nobody listens....

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
I have the mag and could care less about the numbers they write. You are being a Bullheaded fool and I for one will not stand idle while you bash me in a public fourm about the build I am working on when I have dedicated so much towards it. I really don't care that much about the pro's and con's of the 5.4 build. I'm a fan of a bore job rather then increased fricton party anyway if I had my choice.

I'm glad you went to Vagas to play ball but you're still a tool.

-Scott
It;s ok Scott, he likes to stir things up over at our board too (tstacc). But when he is over at the njtacc site, he is all fine and dandy there. I am glad someone else said something. DO it your own way, don't listen to someone else crap.

·
Registered
49 Posts
crazed maniac said:
DO it your own way, don't listen to someone else crap.
I agree....totaly 100%

I drive a CrownVic and when I'm on CrownVic related sites, expressing great ideas, some goob with over a milion post that never leaves the computer gets on there and express's what knowledge they think they have learned.

I'm not knocking KD or any one else here, don't take me wrong, it is a good idea to express "what you do know".

Someone had a good idea of replacing the stock 4r70w with a T-45 in a CrownVic. Alot of people posted that it would cost alot of money and would be dumb to do.
Maybe that was their way of pushing someone to do it. I believe it was a young poster and I'm sure he got knocked on by it.

Don't pay any attention to what others think, but keep in mind what they say...I did. Now I have a 5spd in a Vic. and it only costed me $900. I may be rowing my boat, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
95crwnvic54 said:
I agree....totaly 100%

I drive a CrownVic and when I'm on CrownVic related sites, expressing great ideas, some goob with over a milion post that never leaves the computer gets on there and express's what knowledge they think they have learned.

I'm not knocking KD or any one else here, don't take me wrong, it is a good idea to express "what you do know".

Someone had a good idea of replacing the stock 4r70w with a T-45 in a CrownVic. Alot of people posted that it would cost alot of money and would be dumb to do.
Maybe that was their way of pushing someone to do it. I believe it was a young poster and I'm sure he got knocked on by it.

Don't pay any attention to what others think, but keep in mind what they say...I did. Now I have a 5spd in a Vic. and it only costed me $900. I may be rowing my boat, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it.
A 5-speed vic? Now THAT is a golden idea! I salute you!

·
Registered
191 Posts
A 5 speed Vic is something impressive. I'm more impressed with the 5 speed Mark VIII running around the midwest somewhere (I think it's in Chicago). It's guys like that that make my ideas seem more do-able...isntead of all the negative feedback one gets from everyone else. Everyone keeps saying "don't do a DOHC 5.4, it's to big and not worth your time"....well, I'm gonna try it, along with a manual swap (probably a T-56), but thats a few years down the line.

·
Registered
921 Posts
PHRANQUY said:
A 5 speed Vic is something impressive. I'm more impressed with the 5 speed Mark VIII running around the midwest somewhere (I think it's in Chicago). It's guys like that that make my ideas seem more do-able...isntead of all the negative feedback one gets from everyone else. Everyone keeps saying "don't do a DOHC 5.4, it's to big and not worth your time"....well, I'm gonna try it, along with a manual swap (probably a T-56), but thats a few years down the line.

If you can fit that DOHC 5.4 in there, please tell me how because I wanna do one too some day:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's what all the CrownVic guys say! "You can't fit a 5.4l of any size in a CrownVic, SOHC or DOHC".

Knowing how much room you guys have compared to my Vic.....If you guys can pull it off, I know for a fact I can!

I've got a complete FOOT( ' ) not inchs ( " ) between my fenders and the vavle covers.
My only problem would be the windshield wiper motor. On my car it hangs down right behind the intake. Take up some room. If a sunny driver it be! Then let it!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
...no wipers here!
Does that meet the minimum requirement for safety inspection in GA??

Yeah, right.. like you drive Cougie in the rain...

or take her to "safety inspections"

:D

-mike

61 - 80 of 255 Posts