TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a local forum some guy is selling brand new complete 2000 5.4L PI heads with cams... for 200$....what do you think? :D on a serious note.. what kind of gains should i expect on a 1997 4.6 LX with and without a PI intake...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i know!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea... that was the plan... i wont be installing them till spring anyways when i have both in hand...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
since the 5.4 are winsdor motors, your hometown, you will need the windsor valve covers to use those heads.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, contacted him today and i'm buyin them

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
how much u buy them for?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
doh! Not a bad price though, but still need the valve covers, so thatll cost a little bit extra

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya, but oh well, they were such a good deal.....plus i won't be installing them for a month or two, so i'll have lots of time to get any parts i may need

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So today someone tried to tell me that 5.4 heads will not work on a 4.6 block.......is this guy just being mad jealous of the sweet deal i got:D , or is there some truth in this????

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
itll work hes just jealous.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he said somethin about the pistons being differents lenghts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
pistons being different lengths? Last time i checked this was a headswap not a piston swap. Hes probably referring to it will increase the compression ratio since it has a smaller combustion chamber in the PI heads.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol....he said that they'll hit the valves....i was like uh ya thats why there's a timing chain!

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
no, he doesnt know what he is talking about. 5.4 PI heads are the same as 4.6 PI heads.

his claim that they wll hit the valves indicates that he isnt aware that the heads are all homogenous. PTV issues would also be related to a cam with a high lift, a small chamber, and a piston not suited to the lift of the valve. You wont have to worry about that if you just line up all the timing marks.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
The 4.6 and 5.4 share the same modular platform and use the same heads. You could even put 4v heads from a 5.4 onto a 4.6 block.
He hasn't a clue and you shouldn't listen to anything he has to say about these engines ever again..

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
ya, i basically told him if he doesn't know about these modular engines he should just stfu......just in a nicer way:D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry to hold out on u guys i forgot i had pics, lol, i'll just post the one tho cuz it's a huge pic :tongue:

oh and i thought of another question...will those exhaust manifolds fit in our cars?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts