TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been done but I'm mainly interested in valve cover clearance at the brake booster and head/exhaust clearance at the shock towers. Any post devoted to this subject? Thanks.....Ken.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Oh boy.
There was a thread devoted to this. And this topic is one that is.. touchy.
Swaps have been done.
But me and many others on this site have concluded that the work needed to make it fit just isnt worth it. Unless you managed to find a cobra R or GT engine. But since you said 2v...

Shock towers have to be hacked out to use any type of exhaust header or manifold that has any benefit.

I dont remember boosters being mentioned so they must clear ok.

The intake selection and adapters for the 5.4 also closes the door on performance. And anything that is there wont fit under any hood that isnt cut or custom made.

Plus just their shear weight.

The threads:

The infamous thread by fast freddy has long been buried and I cant find it anymore.
That thread is the reason that this topic is pretty heated.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,032 Posts
There are a whole load of threads on this. Some with pictures. I'm not the Search Jedi that some of the other guys are. So I didn't find the pictures you'd like to see. But they are here in the forum. Search 5.4 swap and get some popcorn for all the old reading. It's pretty entertaining. No shortage of strong opinions on the subject. It has been done, and it can be done. The arguments after that are humorous after all these years.

Reactions: Big Scott

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,056 Posts
We don't need another flame-filled thread on this topic.

Search. Enough said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.