TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im picking it up tomorrow. Never heard of one before seeing this, have you? Im gunna drop the motor out of the VIII and put it in my Thundercoupe. Think I will have difficulties? Post pix tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
This post is useless without photos..... 'cause there was never a 5.4L installed in a Mark VIII. :D

And if they say it is a 5.4L and it has a stock Gen I, Gen II, or Cobra intake on it, then it is most likely a 4.6L. (Is anyone making adapter plates for a 5.4L DOHC to use a 4.6L intake?)

To my knowledge, there is not a single intake that will fit a 5.4L under the hood of a MN12/FN10. Then there’s the issue of exhaust… :beek:

But you never know…. Let’s not forget they guy with the “pre-production” Cobra engine with the smooth intake top. :D

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Let me raise the flag on this one...:bs:

Pass the popcorn....I can't WAIT for the "climax" on this one.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Watch it actually have a swapped in 5.4L DOHC lol. One can dream...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
what does come with the DOHC 5.4l? isn't it a truck engine?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
There were pictures of a 5.4 DOHC sitting in a MN-12 linked from TCCoA somewhere. I can't find 'em now. It did set right down into the engine bay but the valve covers were millimeters from the shock towers and I don't think headers were on yet. It was also going to require custom fabbed headers since there is so little space in there.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
but is it worth the trouble...:rolleyes:
I wasn't commenting on whether it would be worth the trouble. Just that it is possible. Not likely... but possible.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.