TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again, so heres my thought on this. i wanted to install a 5 gal tank in the truck for race gas. is there a way to retain the factory tank for regular driving and install a switch to switch from regular gas to race gas on the fly...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, of course. I will have to go see if I can find my old manuals but I used to have a 1986 Ford van that had dual tanks and a switch to control which one to use. I think it might have been an aftermarket add on but I would have to check because I don't remember.

I do remember it was great because I could carry a total of 42 gallons in both tanks.

Ira

·
Registered
431 Posts
Old Jaguar's had dual tanks with switching valves for the supply & return lines from tank to tank.

·
Registered
384 Posts
thats going to be a bear.....seems righ up my alley

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check out this website.... http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product.php?category=22&id=1411

there is alot of info on this in 4x4 forums. It was a standard setup on many older F150s, Broncos, etc.... I'm not sure how hard it would be to integrate but its not as though you would need a second fuel level sender since it would be for race only.
Just Google "Electric Fuel Tank Selector Valve" for more options.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,261 Posts
There are after market aux. fuel tank kits available. Let us know what you are going to do about the fuel pump. The Achyllies heel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts