TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked in the drivetrain forums and didnt see a thread about this. i hope there isnt one. but anyway i want to make my auto a manual. sounds simple but is it? anyone i ask cant give me a straight answer. would i have to do anyhting with my computer or any electronics? im no tthe best with the real technical stuff. :tongue: sorry if a thread for this has already been posted too.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
also go to the 5L forum and one of the first posts has links to other info about 5spd swaps

but to awnser.. no you really don't have to do anythign with the computer, even thou it'll be NICE to let it know if you in gear or not thou..

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi CobraRThunder. Have you had to rebuild your T-45? If so how many times? I was thinking of swapping my auto and T-5 for one if I could find a good one locally.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Never had to rebuild mine. And its not showing any sign of needing it. You will find lots of people don't like the T-45, and say its weak. Mines running strong still....and I beat on my car.

·
Registered
333 Posts
As I don't have plans on ever straight lining my Bird, I think that the T-45 would hold up just fine for me too. It would really ease the installation of my 4.6 and I hadn't relished the thought of getting rid of the stick. Thanks for talking CobraRThunder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts