TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

He's going from the Turbonetics 60-2 (pictures on the right) to a new Turbonetics T-72 (pictured on the left).

This should deffinetely prove the strength of the v6 block and 4.2 crank. Should be interesting. Here's the thread.

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=23746

-Thomas

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I can't bring myself to register there, I mean, 140 hp V6 doesn't exactly make me a member of the V6Power.net club :)

·
Administrator
8,213 Posts
We all started somewhere! Do it, you'll learn a lot over there! :thumbsup:

Your car is rated at 145 hp by the way! :D

Joe

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I belong to so many forums now I hate to join another one but if I can gain some knowledge it would be worth it.

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOLA said:
I belong to so many forums now I hate to join another one but if I can gain some knowledge it would be worth it.
v6power.net is the most knowledgable Ford v6 forum in exhistance. All the top runners are regular posters/moderators, all the performance companies are moderators, and every new thing anyone comes out with will be announced there before anywhere else. Check it out, you'll be glad you did.
-Thomas

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Thomas said:
v6power.net is the most knowledgable Ford v6 forum in exhistance. All the top runners are regular posters/moderators, all the performance companies are moderators, and every new thing anyone comes out with will be announced there before anywhere else. Check it out, you'll be glad you did.
-Thomas
Just joined. I was blown away with all the tech there. Absolutely nothing against here, there is GREAT info about our cars here, but the 3.8 tech there is amazing.

Btw-that is one SICK V6

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
yeah i registered there too, i'm RedThunder94, nice forum btw, that stang is sweet.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
yup, our tech for v6's on these forums is pretty much useless compared to v6power. I know for a fact that the majority of the v6 birds that go fast/intend to go fast are members of that board....

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
been on V6P just as long as I've been here (joined both forums about a week after I got my bird)....... this summer I'm finding out how far a S-trim vortech will go on a V6, then switching to a Turbo in 2-3 years (UNLESS the S-trim gets me to 11.5's as I don't want to put a cage in my car.)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I used the 94-98 V6 mustang Vortech brakets and S-trim supercharger along with building my own Water-to-air aftercooler setup and piping. 42# injectors, 75mm Blowthru MAF, 255lph highpressure pump, and a VERY conservative SCT tune. All this ontop of my own home ported intakes, 60mm GT throttle body, and RGR ported heads. Chris of SCT said my car had 300rwhp/300rwtq in it if I would have let him give it a normal tune but with 100k on the stock engine I didn't want to chance it.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
rancherlee said:
I used the 94-98 V6 mustang Vortech brakets and S-trim supercharger along with building my own Water-to-air aftercooler setup and piping. 42# injectors, 75mm Blowthru MAF, 255lph highpressure pump, and a VERY conservative SCT tune. All this ontop of my own home ported intakes, 60mm GT throttle body, and RGR ported heads. Chris of SCT said my car had 300rwhp/300rwtq in it if I would have let him give it a normal tune but with 100k on the stock engine I didn't want to chance it.
Thanks for the info. That was going to be my next question (whether you were running stocfk internals or not).

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
187bird said:
thats impressive, running faster than Tom y's fox body. does anyone know what the fastest v6 mn12 is running?
that would probably be rancher for the time being. Can't wait to see what my tranny and n2o do though :)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Thomas said:
that would probably be rancher for the time being. Can't wait to see what my tranny and n2o do though :)

Fastest MN12 V6 with an N/A bottom end, I think there are quite a few SC's faster then me :D

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
you gunna finish yours before I put my 4.2L in and crank the boost up. :D if so, SWEET, as I need the competition.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts