TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about this transmission? :2huh:

I can't find hardly any information as to what it bolts to, if its available.... blah, blah, blah... :D

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
It is the new 5 speed auto bolted to the 6.0L Powerstroke (and maybe the V10?) for the F250/350.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
It's based on the E4OD (4R100) trans, which came from the old C6. Not sure if it would physically fit in the trans tunnel of an MN-12 car, if that's what you had in mind.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fast Ed N said:
It's based on the E4OD (4R100) trans, which came from the old C6. Not sure if it would physically fit in the trans tunnel of an MN-12 car, if that's what you had in mind.

cheers
Ed N.
Ha, I own a sledge hammer... and have access to a cutting torch... :rofl:

I wasn't really considering it, but rather just wonding if the they had a 5 speed auto that would handle more torque than the 5R55. And based on what those 5R100's are behind and moving... I think they can handle some torque! :beek:

Thanks evereyone for the info. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
fast Ed N said:
I have theorized about putting a C6 in a MN12 and I once mentioned it in a post about using a 351C. Someone here replied with "I put a C6 in mine without beating it with a hammer." So I guess you would have to try the 5R100 to see.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The 4R100 and 5R100 are larger than the C6, because of the added gear(s). The diameter of the main portion behind the bellhousing would be close, but the fat part of it would extend farther back than the C6.

I know the C6 goes, since a few people have installed that in an MN-12 car behind a 385-series big block (429 or 460).

cheers
Ed N.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Why would you want to? This trans has a 3.09 first gear! It's a car, not a dump truck.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
kdanner said:
And they don't have a torque converter. And YOUR point is?
Most people are not going to have a clue why that matters. LOL
I thought I might sit back and wait for responses on clutches but I figured I would spare someone the greif.
Kris won that one hands down.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kdanner said:
And they don't have a torque converter. And YOUR point is?
Wellllll. That may be true for a maximum performance car in the 1/4 mile. But for overall performance (i.e. mpg and top end) a TC combined with a low first gear (3.09) and a high final gear (2.73/3.08/3.27) and you get the best of both worlds. (IMHO). :thumbsup:

I have always been a fan of letting the gear ratios in the transmission do the torque multiplication because the "torque converter" has too many variables that can effect it's performance. Heat, viscosity, torque input, etc.

Now I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but that is just my opinion. :D

And if you build the engine with enough torque, you don't need no stinkin' TC.... :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
Wellllll. That may be true for a maximum performance car in the 1/4 mile. But for overall performance (i.e. mpg and top end) a TC combined with a low first gear (3.09) and a high final gear (2.73/3.08/3.27) and you get the best of both worlds. (IMHO). :thumbsup:

I have always been a fan of letting the gear ratios in the transmission do the torque multiplication because the "torque converter" has too many variables that can effect it's performance. Heat, viscosity, torque input, etc.

Now I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but that is just my opinion. :D

And if you build the engine with enough torque, you don't need no stinkin' TC.... :rofl: :rofl:
ok...

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Allright then, go ahead and put that big, heavy, power robbing, dump truck trans in and see how it runs. Hey maybe you can pair it with a 5.4 2V too, they should be a good match for each other. :rofl:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, ye who is the wisest, spit out some number since you obvioulsy know them:

"big"...What are the physical diminsions of it as compared to a 4R70W?
"heavy"...How much more does it weigh over a 4R70W?
"power robbing"...How much more power does it rob vs. a 4R70W?

It's real easy to "say" things, but unless you can present the facts, i.e. numbers, etc. you're just spewing opinion.... and your opinion is just as good as my opinion, thank you very much. :D

So please enlighten this poor, uninformed dumb a$$, because I always like to learn facts. :thumbsup:

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If you want to learn fact then do some research of your own rather than asking Kris to do the work for you. IMHO

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well considering I spent about 3 hours trying to get info on this transmissison (to include calling the dealership!!) yesterday and came up with squat..... that is why I posted this question!!! Or did you miss, "I can't find hardly any information..." in my original post.

Heaven forbid if anyone on here would actually back up their statements with facts.... :leftright

Excuse me for asking!!! :redmad:

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If you are sincere I apologize but it seemed that you were more interested in taunting KD than getting real info. Lets see where would I start in your shoes...I might call greenleaf and tell them you are interested in purchasing one but need to know the dimensions. They should have them sitting on a pallet easy to measure

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, sorry for "going off". But I ALWAYS search for information before I post. I don't like asking for stuff until I have exhausted all other avenues. :D

And I was only "taunting" KD because he made statements (sort of snide ones at that) but didn't back them up. :leftright

So anyway, the only thing I was able to find was what I posted in that one link. I also found out the the ones for the diesel (5R110W Torqshift ) are having major failure problems. Other than that there's not a lot out there. :D

I wasn't really conteplating putting this in an MN12, but rather just looking for a stronger Ford 5 speed auto in general. :thumbsup:

So anyway, sorry again for going off. :zwall:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts