TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about anyone else, but holy christ. The concept 5th gen Camaro gives me chills looking at it. Sooooooooooo sexy, I don't care about cost I'm gonna by one and dump the bird. Anyone else feel this way?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Trader!!! lol Actually im not interested in it. Even if it looks cool it was built by GM need i say more?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Hell no! I'll take a SEXY New Ford Mustang Cobra over that any day!!

Brrrrrrrrrrrr! Now that gives me the chills!!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I love the new Camaro, but would get rid of the Bird for a Challenger. I read somewhere that Dodge does not plan on a V6 Challenger because they could not get the car within $5000 of a V6 Mustang. Im not sure about the Camaro. The Shelby would be nice, but from the side and back it looks like every other Stang with different wheels.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
The current mustang and upcoming challenger and camaro make for some nice eye candy but one quick look at the price tags and I quickly loose interest in actually owning one.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I never have liked GM's personally. I worked for almost a year on restoring an 84 El Camino only to run into carb problems because of the POS rochester quadrajet. I know Chevy's are easy to and cheap to find parts for but with all the troubles I had with my el camino and my mother had with two of her chevys its hard to own another. She has a 05 2500 right now I believe, its had tranny problems since it was new, and her 03 cavalier blew two head gaskets in a period of 3 months after she bought it new. Needless to say she tried a Dodge Durango 04 and had issues with that too! Differential leaked, Engine ran extremely hot, and check engine light rarely went off. Now this would be ok if Dodge would have fixed it, but it seems Dodge does all they can to avoid warranty work. At least Chevy fixed the reaccuring issues I mentioned before. But still prefer my Fords. I have owned 4 of them and never had any major issues.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Southpaw said:
The current mustang and upcoming challenger and camaro make for some nice eye candy but one quick look at the price tags and I quickly loose interest in actually owning one.
I agree, they are good looking and have outstanding performance. But jeeezzz...... Whatever happened to the days of "cheap" performance cars?

Its the 02-05 T-birds all over again. Good looking cars but who could afford them? For what they were asking for them everyone went off and bought BMW's and Mercedes.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
twin turbo 281 said:
Trader!!! lol Actually im not interested in it. Even if it looks cool it was built by GM need i say more?
Traitor, unless he does actually trade a Bird in for a Camaro, in which case he would be a trader.

But no, I find the new Camaro remarkably unpleasant. The nose is too sharp and the grille is too slender.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I dont think you would get anything if you trade in the Bird for a Camaro .. maybe $1000 ...

I thought the reason most of us own Birds is because the Mustang wasnt really our favorite ??
My neighbor owns 3 Mustangs .. he keeps buying these V6 junkers and asking me to work on them. Meanwhile I have 3 Birds at my house needing work. Im not really a fan of these V6, GT wanna-be cookie cutter Mustangs.

I wouldnt mind owning a Camaro, Challenger, or Shelby Mustang if I could afford any of them. They all look like great cars.

- Dan

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
You know, I read that after GM cancelled the F-body, Mustang sales actually went down and this was attributed to the fact that the Mustang/Camaro war was over. Some people speculated that the Mustang - Camaro polarization fueled sales on both sides.

Anyway, yeah, I would definitely buy a Mustang over a Camaro, but I'd also buy a nice MN-12 or Mark VIII over a Mustang.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I would def take a Camaro, Charger or Challenger over a mustang. Until Ford adds some cubic inch to there motors to keep up with GM/Chrysler, I would rather have one of the competitions cars. Even the 5.4l DOHC would be awesome, like say, what the Australians have. I want to move there lol.

I just like how GM and Chrysler haven’t resorted to supercharging to make big power. Not that supercharging is bad, I like the Shelby too.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
David_viny said:
I just like how GM and Chrysler haven’t resorted to supercharging to make big power. Not that supercharging is bad, I like the Shelby too.
That has been making me quite angry for a long time.
IMO, a car should not come STOCK with any type of forced induction, especially when FoMoCo is supposed to be competing with GM and Dodge.....
FoMoCo uses forced induction, and still doesn't put out as much HP as all of the Dodge and GM sports cars.
When you race in a league, it's either all NA or all Forced Induction.....
and FoMoCo resorts to needing Forced Induction.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
personally I don't have any objections to stock blown or turbo cars (my SC is too much fun) but when it comes to Ford using forced induction on cars from the factory I just remind myself that they are competing against much larger displacement engines. seems all Chevy and Dodge do is resort to finding the largest engine they can and shoving that in there... I could be wrong but thats how it seems to me, Chevy according to what I read 400 HP LS-2 6.0L, The challenger might have a 5.7L, 6.1L, or a rumored 6.6L while the cobra has the 5.4L engine I know it's not a huge difference but I don't think it's in stone that the camero will only have a 6.0L thats still alot of displacement.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
There's a reason Ford's known as a truck company and that's where their profits are. They can't compete head to head in the NA car arena. :eek:

As your tagline says - "There is no replacement for displacement. Only ways to make the small dog act like the big dog" lol

:zwall:

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Those Price Tags and insurance is going to butt rape you. The demand is going to raise the prices and make them elitist cars. too much for, I will keep my bird and not worry about none of it.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
true I can't argue either point and yep my tag line says that because I believe it course putting a blower on a car is just fun :D

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
I seen some spy photos on streetfire of a possible new Mustang for 09...

Doesn't really look new, just a minor facelift I guess. I guess this was some kind of Giugiaro concept at an LA autoshow this year....?

If this is true...then this beats all of the current "remakes" of old cars.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Looking at the spy photos and the Giugiaro concept I see ALOT of differences in the body lines through the front clip bra of the spy shot and the concept. Passing resemblance at best...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts