TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I posted info in the 5.0L Forum on a '77 Cobra II that I found near my parents while visiting.

They also have a '62 Tbird sitting there. Could you check this thread and give me some feedback on this? I'll be finding out more info on it early tomorrow. Keith Deluca, I'm sure that you can provide some info on this.

Btw, all $ is in CDN.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Oh, Canada

Well, in the states, a 62 bird restored would be worth at least $5k. Any more would make me want it show quality. Those are a hard sell for that kind of money though unless you find the right person----translation: PATIENCE!
Canada though??? Nope never been there! :D

I have a 68 bird that I've been trying to sell for a while now. It's getting in better shape (recently rebuilt 429 cid engine). I know how hard it is to sell those cars.

Allen

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Soop, I have been thinking about that car all night and wish I were nearer Canada to pick it up myself... Too bad I'm in Florida. I talked to my grandfather about it and he started reminiscing about all of his old rides.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JJanney said:
Soop, I have been thinking about that car all night and wish I were nearer Canada to pick it up myself... Too bad I'm in Florida. I talked to my grandfather about it and he started reminiscing about all of his old rides.
That's a loooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg freaking drive from Florida. A long drive and a flat deck.

She said $1000 CDN (~$650 USD), but I'm sure she'd go for 1/4 or 1/3 less. Sorry I can't get pics up here. I don't have a digital camera. Personally, I am more interested in the '77 Cobra for the engine and tranny. Not excited about a restore job for myself at this point, but maybe a long term thing.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Oh, Canada

tbird9768 said:
Well, in the states, a 62 bird restored would be worth at least $5k. Any more would make me want it show quality. Those are a hard sell for that kind of money though unless you find the right person----translation: PATIENCE!
Canada though??? Nope never been there! :D

I have a 68 bird that I've been trying to sell for a while now. It's getting in better shape (recently rebuilt 429 cid engine). I know how hard it is to sell those cars.

Allen
Well personally, I'd take a '68 over a '62, but everyone has their preferences. I like the '67. You're likely very right in that it would have to sell to the right person. In that case, I wouldn't have the passion to work it up as a keeper. It seems like a sweet deal though, doesn't it?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
post that vin number would ya, im interested in the 5th digit.

im looking at some old "Thunderbird Scoop" newsletters and i see prices starting at 3500 going as high as 22,000

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Hardtop (See Note 2) 68,127
Landau (Note 3)
"M" Convertible 17
"Z" Convertible 8,440
"M" Sports Roadster* 120
"Z" Sports Roadster* 1,299
"R" Sports Roadster* 8
Total 78,011

*Sports Roadster production may have been 1420 total, with 129 being "M"-engined, according to T-Bird Sports Roadster Society letter dated 3/1/76

Note 2: No production data survives to break out "M," "R" or "Z"-engined Hardtops/Landaus. From data compiled by VTCI and William Wonder, 28 hardtops and 11 Landaus have been located to date: it is highly likely that more exist that have not been accounted for.

Note 3: No separate production totals were kept for the '62 Landau: their numbers are included in the Hardtop figure. Up to 15 percent (10,200+/-) may be Landaus.

slightly rarer engine option

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
JJanney said:

Someone's getting their hopes up... ;)
I went and checked and found the VIN on a plate inside the door jamb by the hinges. I was right, it is a Z.

No extra fenders, it has the wheel skirts and an extra chrome front bumper and misc stuff. The interior is in surprisingly good shape, red and white and metal. The drivers seat is very worn and ripped as would be expected. "Thund" is missing from the drivers side front emblem wording. The plastic bottom of the trunk emblem is cracked. All other trim and chrome looks decent.

The body has rust spots right through in some places. Definately needs someone with body skills.

Anyway, I gotta go. Here's the other info off of the VIN tag: 63A_AM_55_08A_1_4.

EDIT: According to here , these last codes mean

63A - 2dr hardtop
AM - 2 colors? Corinthian White and Raven black.:confused: The car is clearly originally red with white top.
55 - Red vinyl trim
08A - Jan 8, 1962
1 - 3.00 Axle
4 - Cruise-O-Matic

From this, and the engine info, it wouldn't seem that this is anything special. No?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts