TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been looking for awhile, but I cant seem to find out the length of a 69 Cougar. I have to make sure it will fit in my garage :). If anyone can give me a site, or help me out in any way. Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Go to the local library, mine had Road and Tracks back into the late 50's/early 60's. Find one from like August of 69, look in the back and there should be (assuming they have always doen this) a table of all the current cars they tested with performance attributes, it also lists which magazine it was actually in. Then you can get that magazine and it will give you all the specs. I used August as an example because it would be the end of the 69 model year, once they review another body style of cougar the 69 test wouldn't be there, if the 69 was say the third year of the same body style, the test may have been from a magazine from like Dec. of 67 but it would still be listed in the table, once again, assuming they have always done that table, because that table is the best thing about Road and Track now.

·
Registered
288 Posts
google

From http://www.cougarclub.org

"The wheelbase for the 1969 Cougar (both hardtop and convertible) is 111 inches, overall length is 193.8 inches and width is 74.2 inches. The convertible trunk has 8.9 cubic feet of space. The weight for an XR-7 convertible with the 390 engine and automatic transmission is 3,607 pounds; the standard convertible weighs 3,582 pounds"

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, you have been a big help :). I plan on trying to find a 68-69 Cougar with a 428 in it. I will have around $10,000 to spend at the end of march, so I shall start my search as of tonight. Also, I think the 68 Cougars where alittle shorter? Once again, thanks.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
68 would be the first design (67 - 68), 69 was the first re-style ... more likely to find a 69 428 car I think. 428 didn't come out until mid-68 model year ... in the GT-E model (big dollars for a nice one of those), or an XR-7. 69, you may find an Eliminator, or an XR-7.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts