TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one know if they have the 7.5" or 8.8" rear end? I have a 94 v8 LX any help would be awesome (looking to upgrade gears and need to know lol).

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The is a tag on the carrier with the rear end size and the type of gears you have now.Chance's are you have the 8.8.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
V8=8.8
SC=8.8
V6 NA=7.5 or 8.8

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
nice now i can get my 3.73's
www.gefracing.com and www.nitrostangracing.com will typically have some of the best deals, the last time I checked, they were including the proper speedo gear with the ring and pinion set, which happens to be the purple gear for you.

remember to get 2qts of diff fluid and a bottle of limited slip additive if you have a trac lok.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The 8.8 has a stamp right on it as well.I believe it is in the top right hand corner of the cover.The tag is just easier to see than the stamp on the top of the rear end.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've had good luck with GEFRacing.com and BuyFordRacing.com. They have the best price around for 3.73s and GREAT service. I'd have trouble choosing NitroStangRacing. I bought a Diablo Chip for my Cobra Mustang from Jeff several years ago. It took a full year to get it to me after I had paid for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts