TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it beneficial to upgrade my v6 3.8 95 bird's MAF to the C&L 73 or the lightniing one mentioned in the articles?

Were doin the chip and P &P thing.

I have a hard time figuring out what applies to my vehicle somtimes in the knowledge base because some of us are far better off with thier SC than us LX bottom of the rung guys.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I can't for certain answer the question, but I can tell you that stock MAF for a 95 is only 70mm so going to the C&L 73mm won't be that much of a difference. Depending on how much more power you expect to have and whether your upgrading your throttle body, depends on whether you need to upgrade the MAF.

Maybe consider the C&L 76mm or else go with the Lightning MAF. Wish I could help more, but I haven't looked into MAF's myself enough to know what to go with. Haven't had a chance to mod a car that's fast enough.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Administrator
8,210 Posts
Stick with what you have!

The C&L might give you a bit more power but that's it. It has no transfer function so burning a chip for your set up will be difficult. Someone very knowledgeable around here told me last year that the MAF isn't a restriction on the 3.8 like it is on the 4.6.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts