TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the OD of either the BBK or Accufab 75mm TB is?

I think i'm going to get a MAC CAI and need to find the OD of the TB so that I can get the proper adapter from MAC to match up to the TB.

Also, while we're on the topic, the 85mm MAF should slip right into place as well right? Anyone know the OD on that?

Otherwise I'll have to wait till I get them and order the parts, but that is cutting it close.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guitar maestro said:
i'll let you know when my C&L plenum/Accufab 75mm TB get here this week:D
K, yeah let me know. I think i'm going with the accufab plenum and 75mm TB, but it might be a BBK TB instead. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
940 Posts
chrisnack said:
Anyone know what the OD of either the BBK or Accufab 75mm TB is?

I think i'm going to get a MAC CAI and need to find the OD of the TB so that I can get the proper adapter from MAC to match up to the TB.

Also, while we're on the topic, the 85mm MAF should slip right into place as well right? Anyone know the OD on that?

Otherwise I'll have to wait till I get them and order the parts, but that is cutting it close.

ok, I got 75mm Edelbrock TB and that was fine with the MAC CAI(with the adapter that comes with it normally), I also have a 75mm Pro-M MAF and that was a perfect fit, if you go larger than 75mm on the MAF I am positive that it will not fit the MAC CAI

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
chrisnack said:
Yeah i'm doing the 02 85mm MAF, much better transfer function on the MAF.
technically its 80mm. Yes, it is 85mm at the inlet and outlet. It is 80mm at it's smallest.

·
Registered
615 Posts
chris if you haven't gotten your maf yet dan has a hell of a deal on the MAFS and Airbox combo.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ashish said:
chris if you haven't gotten your maf yet dan has a hell of a deal on the MAFS and Airbox combo.
Yup that is where I'm getting it from. I"m just still waiting on my fed. return, then i'm ordering everything I want.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I used a 03 GT tube it works perfectly, although the 03 does not have the IAT if you want to use the external connection. Dans MAF's have the IAT built in them.

·
Registered
748 Posts
chrisnack said:
I'm going to get a MAC kit, that should fit everything fine as well as get the intake into the fender.
Just be careful if you ever get forced into driving thru any high water---say 3" plus deep. I did that once with the MAC C.A.I. with filter in the fender and hydrolocked the motor and bent the #8 connecting rod. Moving the filter to the engine compartment soon with a Stang box---act as heat shield. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Later
Slowride

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slowride said:

Just be careful if you ever get forced into driving thru any high water---say 3" plus deep. I did that once with the MAC C.A.I. with filter in the fender and hydrolocked the motor and bent the #8 connecting rod. Moving the filter to the engine compartment soon with a Stang box---act as heat shield. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Later
Slowride
Hmmm very interesting. However, not too often i'm driving through 3" deep water.

·
Registered
748 Posts
chrisnack said:

Hmmm very interesting. However, not too often i'm driving through 3" deep water.
Well same here...but I got caught in a bad storm.......dumped about 3-4 inches of rain within 10 minutes which flooded everything around here. I've driven through high water / floods before ---especially in front of my house just to get to work and never had any problems so I didn't think much of it. This time....I paid for it.

All I'm saying is it may not happen very often.....but it only takes that one time to get ya....that's all. The only other thing I would suggest----just in case you're forced into driving thru high water.......is carry a screw driver with you so if you have to drive through high water, you can first disconnect the intake tube from the throttle body....go thru it.......then re-connect it after you get through. I just don't want to see anyone go through what I did.

LAter
Slowride

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
guitar maestro said:
the outside diameter of the Accufab 75mm TB is 81mm, or 3+3/16":D
Will have to see if i can get the GT tube over it. Maybe with some persuasion.

·
Registered
215 Posts
just spend 30 bucks and get a bypass valve...its 30 bucks to spend...but it could save you from buying a new engine..and YES..they do work

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Andrew-L said:
just spend 30 bucks and get a bypass valve...its 30 bucks to spend...but it could save you from buying a new engine..and YES..they do work
:confused:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts