Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this work on my 97 4.6 Sport ?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
they are solid axles no? they dont use half-shafts like we do. if you could modify where the halfshafts would have to go in then maybe?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

I found this one on ebay for under 70 dollars shipped on ebay .

Too bad .

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
junkyard?.....honestly get a trac-lok pumpkin from the yard and get some gears/install kit/rebuild kit for it and turn some heads :D

you COULD use a cobra 28 spline unit seeing how they have independent rear suspension like we do.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I picked up. 99' cobra complete centersection with 4.10's trac-lock...fun stuff.

How much and did you do the work yourself ?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just the center section is readily able to be swapped over. alot of that other stuff isnt much of a benefit to you.
Cool , I think I came up on this buy . The seller wants this picked up so he will
take 50.00 off for not shipping . :D

I live about 30-60 minutes from this seller .

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I need a drive shaft !!!

I don't know how easily I can find a 93 Mark VIII drive shaft at the yards .

Should I get one from another year ? I'm thinking I could get away with it.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just take the time to find a 93....you will find one, someday lol.
I looked on car-part.com and found a few but Im not sure if its the right one .

They called it rear shaft they also had some that were front shaft ?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
http://www.walker400.com/

thats the guy i got my 1995 v8 timing cover from for about 50 bucks. he is about 13 miles from me and i have been there twice already. he is selling a 93 shaft for 100 bucks, which is how much they go for here on tccoa anyways. If you want i will go take a look at it and make sure its a one-piece for the price of gas. if it is i will buy it for you and you can pay me when you pick it up. I have no plans for today lol

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
http://www.walker400.com/

thats the guy i got my 1995 v8 timing cover from for about 50 bucks. he is about 13 miles from me and i have been there twice already. he is selling a 93 shaft for 100 bucks, which is how much they go for here on tccoa anyways. If you want i will go take a look at it and make sure its a one-piece for the price of gas. if it is i will buy it for you and you can pay me when you pick it up. I have no plans for today lol
Thats what I want to spend !

If you have time that would be cool .

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
alright but when would you pick it up? lol....the guy has it in stock and should be calling me back as soon as he locates it in his shop. ive dealt with them before they are pretty cool. I would pick it up if i knew for sure you would pick it up before friday lol

edit: he just called me and he has it in stock....lemme know...they are open mon-fri 9-5

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok ,

How about Saturday!!!

We can go pick up the Cobra Irs before and then get the drive shaft and the way
back .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts