TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on getting a trac lock from a junkyard of a SC w/ half shafts. Is there anything else that I will be needing. will I need a new speedo gear? Also what year SC's would u guys recommend also any info which will make the mod easier will help.

Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
you should seriously consider swapping in 3:73's or 4:10's...and do a rebuild if necessary...8.8 should bolt right in

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to try to find one with 3.73. Will there be some kind of tag that will tell me what kind of gears the pumpkin has, I know there is the door tag, is there a tag on the pumpkin itself, and do I have to change the speedo gear.

·
Registered
443 Posts
there should be a tag on the diff...but your not gonna find a stock irs diff with 3.73's

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Get a pumpkin out of an automatic, it'll have 3.27 gears. Look on the tag & it should have 3 L 27 on the bottom row of characters.

If you want a steeper gear, you can get a 3.55 out of a 87/88 5spd Turbo Coupe or a 3.73 from the auto version. You can then install the ring/pinion/carrier in your IRS housing.

'bird

1 - 6 of 6 Posts