TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duh!!! When i had my new engine built, i had a forged cobra crank put in. Forgeting untill today, that it uses an 8 bolt pattern instead of a 6. What fly wheel should i use? will a GT flywheel work, or should i get the truck one or what?

I also need to do something about my torque converter. Any sugestions as to what i should use. Here is the set up...

New Windsor 4.6 forged shortblock, (9.3 : 1 compression, S/Cing it next winter)
New PI heads w/ stock PI cams, (oversized valves with good springs)
75mm TB, MSD, K&N, U/D pulleys, no A/C,
Shift kit, cooler, 3.73 gears w/posi, decent tires
headers, with hi-flow cats, flowmasters, (2.5 all the way).

plan to get rid of things that slow it down too, (power seat, padding, spare tire, gas tank....ect.)

Any suggestions will help. What should this thing run? (if i ever get a chance to not work 60 hours a week!)

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have a 8 bolt gt flexplate but i also have 8 bolt gt crank,check with dan or max about the mark viii flexplates i think a couple years had 8 bolt,so they should work.if not you could always go with the gt or cobra flexplate you know

Tom

·
TCCoA Preferred Vendor
124 Posts
no year mark had 8 bolt.. you need a truck flex or gt flex or that one that ford motor sports sells or the SFI one PA sells. call dan or max they know the part number of what you need.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have an 8 bolt GT flexplate that came with my '99 transmission and TC if you're interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you selling the flexplate or the tranny, or both? All i really need is the flex plate, but would consider the tranny too....let me know what you'd be willing to sell it for...

Oh, any idea what this set up should produce in HP, and 1/4 mile times?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
jpford95 said:
Are you selling the flexplate or the tranny, or both? All i really need is the flex plate, but would consider the tranny too....let me know what you'd be willing to sell it for...

Oh, any idea what this set up should produce in HP, and 1/4 mile times?

Thanks!!!
If you're asking me, It's just the flexplate... the TC and tranny are in the car..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts