TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you offer an 8-rib pulley conversion kit for a '97 T-Bird with 4.6L? If so, how much shipped to 48375?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
ford does offer an 8-rib pulley kit, there is one on my bird

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jamesD,

What blower are you running?

Also, did the kit have a part number?

·
6,253 Posts
no idea, just got the car lol, i just know it has a ford 8-rib pulley set

i'll look through the docs, see if i can find a p/n for ya

jon's gonna be afk for a little bit

·
6,253 Posts
i dont know, wasnt my turn to keep watch LOL

he just had surgery, i think on his knee or something, so he'll be out for a little while

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully the recovery will be swift and complete.

Anybody handling questions in Jon's absence?

·
Registered
836 Posts
most of the 8 rib kits are just a bunch of throw togethers from different cars. I would assume that most of the pulley's are going to be the same as the DOHC. If it is, I can take a look at the numbers stamped on each piece and let you know.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found this parts list on the Modded Mustangs website:

Alternator pulley F65Z-10344-AA (GP-720)
Power steering pulley XL3Z-3A733-AA
A/C pulley YB-522
Tensioner 1L3Z-6B209-AA
Crank pulley XL3Z-6312-CA
Idler pulley F65Z-8678-AAA (YS-250)
Waterpump pulley F6TZ-8509-AA

Some of the part numbers have been superceded, but all the parts appear to be available. I've been trying to get confirmation that these are in fact the correct parts for an MN12.

·
6,253 Posts
what intake/ alternator do you have? if it is the bullitt/mark8 alt, you'll need to mod the pulley to get it to fit

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got the SVO integral blower / manifold, with my original alternator facing forward. The alternator is repositioned toward the driver's side and up a bit by a custom bracket, so no clearance issues.

I've been cross-checking various 8-rib parts lists I've found online. One item which doesn't match is the A/C compressor pulley. Some lists have YB-522, and others have YB-542. Silver State Ford shows those parts as having significantly different prices, so there must be some difference between them. Just don't know if that difference is important. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see Jon responded to another thread today. Hopefully that means he is well enough to handle this one as well!

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
not familiar with the swap, but here are the prices for the parts requested above. some of the p/n's have changed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
is that so?

I'm not sure why,but the car has two owners.The original owners was an elderly couple, that passed the car down to their crack head grand daughter.$he promptly got plastered to the wall and rear ended someone.I really doubt it was an upgrade,but who knows.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts